Domestic USA & International House Moving
- Quote Calculator
Signs Of Pet Moving Scams To Watch Out For
There are as many pet moving scams as there are pet lovers. These scammers are usually initiated by people who entice pet lovers to buy or adopt non-existent pets and then put a price on the moving services that they will ‘offer’. They package themselves as genuine movers claiming to offer pet transport services mostly at ridiculously low prices.
Chain of events of pet moving scams
- The scammer posts an advert online, mentioning the details of their sale and also adds photos of the pet.
- An interested buyer gets in touch with the seller and expresses their willingness to buy the pet advertised.
- After agreeing upon the terms of the sale, the buyer makes the transaction and pays for the pet and awaits its delivery. Unfortunately, this does not happen since the pet was non-existent from the beginning.
Signs of pet moving scams to look out for
- The scammer provides little or scanty personal information yet they would like you to disclose a lot of information on your end.
- The advert contains grammatical errors.
- The seller is in a rush to close the sale as soon as possible.
- The scammers have all sorts of breeds available. Specifically, they mention that they have full breeds that are popular among buyers such as Chihuahuas, Pugs, Pitbulls and the English bulldog.
- The scammers always have sob-stories that may move you to empathize with them or the imaginary pet.
- The mover will always request that you send more money than is required for unexpected expenses or additional costs that were previously not disclosed.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to avoid falling into pet moving scams
- Your instincts will play a great role in helping you to avoid falling into pet scams. If something does not add up or just doesn’t feel right, it is a good idea to avoid further discussions with the purported seller. You can also determine when something sounds too good to be true. Long distance moving of pets includes reasonable costs but you may be able to determine when one is demanding exorbitant prices.
- Do not send any money to a person you do not know via Western Union.
- If you want to adopt a pet, look for one locally. You may get a trusted seller within your locality who will be able to deliver the pet.
- Do not be pressured to take action on the pet moving process. If you feel that you are being put under unusual pressure to make payments, avoid this at all costs.
Caution is expected from you at all times whenever you are engaging with any transaction online. This also includes buying pets. Take note that someone posting photos of a pet does not necessarily mean that they own it. You may report scammers on Consumer Fraud Reporting so that other potential targets may be aware of the pet moving scam. Should you want to move a pet from a different region, hire the services of a reliable state-to-state mover.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services