Should Your Mover Provide Your Packing Supplies?
With so many moving companies trying to outdo each other with provision of superior services, you can never be sure what to expect from your local mover. The question of whether or not they should provide packing supplies really depends on the moving company because some do while others don’t.
Some of the supplies they provide include:
- Book box
- Lined box
- Wardrobe box
- Mirror box
- Packing paper
- Dish barrel
Advantages of having your own supplies
Before you choose the company that offers moving supplies, consider the following factors:
- Cost: Most companies will charge you a small fee to give you the supplies even if you will return most of them. Though some might say that you would still need to buy boxes and other supplies, the cost of buying will be much lower plus you get to keep them for future moving. Additionally, there are many places where you can get the boxes for free so you won’t spend a thing.
- Time saving: If you have your own boxes and other packing supplies, you can be packing slowly day by day to make work easier on the big day. However, if you have to wait for the moving company to bring the supplies on that day, it means everything will have to be packed on the material day and a lot of time will be wasted.
- Rushing: If the company’s policy is that you should return the supplies, you have to unpack all the items on that day so the boxes can go back. If it was you own boxes, you can take your sweet time and unpack at your own leisure.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Factors to consider when using company-provided moving supplies
Sure it is great to just relax and wait for the moving company to provide you with all the packing supplies on the material day. However, there are some things you must consider first;
- Does the company provide the moving supplies? It is not good to assume that they will so you must ask and confirm first.
- Will they charge you for the supplies and how much will be the cost of renting or buying those boxes and papers?
- Who will pack those boxes? This is a very good question because it entails the terms and conditions of the move. Packing and unpacking your stuff into boxes count as an extra service that you will pay extra money for. However, if the movers can allow you to do the packing yourself, the cost can stay the same.
- When will they deliver? Will the boxes come on the moving day or do they deliver them days before the material day to give you time for packing. Movers can charge you on a time basis so it’s important to spend as minimal time as possible with them.
Should the moving company provide you with packing supplies? Looking at the benefits and disadvantages of getting supplies from the moving company, then decide whether it is wise to go that route or not.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services