Know If You Should Undertake The Cleanup Yourself Or Hire Someone To Do It For You
Cleaning up the house after you have loaded all your stuff is essential if you want to get your bond back in full. It is also ethical to leave the house clean for the person who will come after you because you will also find your new house clean. The question however is, should you do the cleaning yourself or hire professionals to do it? Here is a look at both options and their advantages.
Cleaning the house yourself after moving means you either have to request the movers to wait for you a bit so you can clean, or you have to come back a day after to do so. You will also need to gather some cleaning products and simple equipment to help with the cleaning if you want to do a thorough job.
- Saves money. If you don’t have extra cash to spare, cleaning the house yourself is smart. Though cleaners are not that costly, they still charge quite an amount that you can use in other errands.
- Finding forgotten items. As you clean room by room, cabinet to cabinet, you will find things that you forgot to carry. If you hire professional cleaners, they will likely throw away anything that they find in the house.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Hiring professional cleaners
Hiring end of lease cleaners is advised if you have some money to spare. After you have done all the packing and loading, you can rest easy knowing that your old house will be taken care of so you can focus on your new home.
- Saves time. End of lease cleaning is not like regular cleaning. It’s about restoring an old house to look a bit new and presentable for new renters. This means that a lot of effort and time is required to clean from attic, walls, appliances, windows and even carpets. This is time that someone who is in the process of moving may not have in their hands and that is where cleaners come in.
- Knowledge of the industry. Unlike the homeowner, professional end of tenancy cleaners know exactly what landlords and agents are looking for when it comes to cleaning the house after moving. They will do a thorough job such that the landlord will be impressed enough to refund your deposit.
- Proper equipment. Cleaning windows, walls, attic and carpets requires some sort of cleaning equipment and products. Unless you are a cleaner yourself, it is likely that you don’t have such equipment. Cleaners have the proper tools to do a good job within the least amount of time.
- Use of econ-friendly products. A great cleaning company will use environmental-friendly cleaning products to remove stains and mold. Since they are able to buy the costly products in bulk, they can afford to use only the best quality and not compromise the health of the tenants.
Should you use a cleaner or do it yourself? The answer to this depends on your preference and whether you have the time or the money. Hiring cleaners however, seems to come with more advantages and lets you move on without looking back.