- Know If You Should Set A Moving Date If You Don’t Have A Mover Yet
- Importance Of Moving Company
- Finding A Mover Takes Time
- How To Find A Moving Company
Know If You Should Set A Moving Date If You Don’t Have A Mover Yet
Moving to a new house and a new location can be very exciting and stressful as well. Between all the things you have to take care of including changing bills, packing and saying goodbyes, one can forget one vital part of the move, the movers. The question is, should you set a moving date before you have identified and agreed on terms with a mover?
Importance of moving company
This is especially true if you are moving during peak season where the demand for movers is high. Imagine finding out that all companies are booked on that day and being forced to change everything? Finding a mover should be among the first things you do when planning a move so you can work on a suitable date together and plan for other logistical issues.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Finding a mover takes time
Finding a mover that you can trust to move almost everything you own is no easy task. It begins with putting down a long list of companies and then narrowing them down. There has to be some research, background checks and interviews. If you pick a date before the mover, you will be forced to speed up the process of finding a mover and compromise on quality. Since having a bad moving company can really mess up your move, you want to take your time when selecting a mover and not be on a strict deadline that will make you feel and look desperate.
How to find a moving company
- Do not be desperate. One of the main reasons why you should not be in a hurry or desperate when looking for a mover is because you don’t want to make a costly mistake. Take your time, ask around, and look at each mover’s recommendations and ratings. This is the only way you will make a sound decision.
- Check your phone directory. The yellow pages are a great place to find legitimate service providers who have been in business for a long time. Contact a few of them, do a thorough background check, read their customers reviews and ask as many questions as you can before settling for one company.
- Get recommendations. Recommendations are the most reliable way to get a good mover. Ask your friends or call your real estate agent for some leads. Do your due diligence with the companies they will recommend and settle for the one that feels right.
Should you set a moving date before you have a moving company? Absolutely not. Make sure you have everything else ready from packing materials, place to live and a moving company that is reliable and trustworthy. Work with the company to know how your stuff will be packed in the truck and choose a good date for the move.