Should You Provide Food For Your Movers?
When you have your friends and relatives over to help you move; it is common to cook something for them or order takeout to show your appreciation. However, when it comes to professional movers, most people don’t know what the proper etiquette is especially because they are being paid to work. So, should you feed your movers?
Advantages of feeding the movers
- Saves time. If the movers have been working for hours, it is normal that they will want to take a break and have some lunch. In most cases; they will excuse themselves to go and eat something at the café around the corner. If you can provide something to eat right there at home, it will save time.
- Positive reinforcement. Offering lunch or eating together with your movers will show them that you recognize they are human beings and that they are working hard. After a good lunch and cold refreshments from you, the movers will work twice as hard because you have appreciated them.
Duration of the move
If the movers arrived in your home early in the morning and many hours later they are still packing your stuff in the truck, you should consider the fact that they are hungry as well as tired. A move that takes about four or more hours definitely deserves something to regain their strength and what better way than some food. Since most movers will refuse to eat your food, order some burgers, pizza or sandwiches for them instead.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Offer food if you are eating
If you and your family are having lunch during the move, it is only polite to offer some to the movers as well. It can be really frustrating for them to walk past your lounge when you are eating and they are dying of hunger. When you cook or order lunch for your family, be sure to include the movers as well.
Avoid alcoholic beverages
Though feeding your movers with some energetic food and a cold drink is great, you should however, never offer an alcoholic drink. Alcohol tends to make people dehydrated, sleepy and lazy. It can cause injuries and mess with their ability to work and drive the truck.
Keep them rehydrated
Though you should probably feed the movers only once, make sure that they have ample supply of drinks. Moving can be very exhausting and dehydrating so they need to keep restocking every now and then. A good move is to place a jug of water or juice in a shaded area with some glasses so they can drink at their own will instead of bothering you. Be sure to also allow free access to the washroom in case they drink too much.
It’s important to know that feeding your movers is not a must and neither is giving them drinks. However, humanity and common courtesy dictates that we do so. Be sure however, to ask the company if you can feed the movers because some companies have restrictions regarding food and tips.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services