Should You Insure Your Pets?
Pet insurance is not a widely travelled road, but it can prove to be useful if you have a number of pets and they end up needing specialized vet care. Unlike your car and household items, there are no laws requiring your moving company to have pet insurance so this is one of those things that you will have to do yourself.
Let’s take a closer look and try to establish if pet insurance is necessary during your long distance move.
How pet insurance works
Basically, pet insurance is a safety net that tries to protect you against any unexpected pet care costs. Usually, it covers veterinary bills for accidents or illnesses. It works just like any other insurance cover, only that this time the policy will be paying vet fees.
Types of pet insurance policies
There are four main types of pet insurance policies. Let us take a look at each of them and the terms involved in each.
- Accident only cover: This cover is the most basic of pet insurance covers. It will cover you if your pet needs vet treatment after an accident. These policies don’t cover any illnesses and will usually have a fixed sum of money that must not be exceeded.
- Per condition with a time limit cover: This cover is also quite affordable, but unlike the accident only cover, it will cover illnesses but up to a certain time. They also have maximum payouts that must not be exceeded. For example, if you take a policy with a maximum fee of $5,000 with a time limit of 12 months, it will cover all costs until the $5,000 is exceeded or if 12 months elapse.
- Per condition, no time limit: This cover only limits you in terms of the maximum amount that can be paid. There are no time limits.
- Lifetime cover: This is the most expensive pet insurance cover and it is also the most comprehensive one. There is a set maximum amount every year and you will be required to renew the policy annually.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How much is pet insurance
The cost of the insurance cover will depend on a number of factors. Your insurance provider will consider your pet’s breed and age and the area where you live. As a result, it’s important to notify your insurance provider when you make a long distance move.
Will pet insurance cover any moving accidents?
The environment in your home as you prepare for your move is not very friendly for your pet. There will be boxes everywhere and accidents can happen as your pet is playing around the house. If you have a pet insurance policy that isn’t maxed out, then you should be protected.
Pet insurance is always a good idea if you have pets. It protects you from facing high vet bills as a result of accidents involving your animal friend. When relocating, you can help reduce the chances of accidents happening by using a pet-friendly moving company.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services