- Know If You Should Help The Mover With Packing And Moving Your Furniture
- Help In Other Ways
- Ways You Can Help Movers Pack
Know If You Should Help The Mover With Packing And Moving Your Furniture
The process of moving to a new house can be challenging if you do not hire the right moving company to help you in packing and moving your belongings to the new home. Getting an experienced mover can be a time and cost saver in that you do not have to worry about buying professional packing supplies, or even worry about whether the moving company will pack your items as required. One question that many people have is whether it is weird to help the mover with packing and moving your furniture. Read along to get an answer to this concern as well as learn what you need to do as your mover packs your stuff.
Help in other ways
Everyone who hires a moving company does so to distance themselves from the trouble and stress associated with lifting and packing items for the move. So while you may not want to do all the heavy lifting or strenuous packing activities, there are other ways you can help.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways you can help movers pack
There are numerous ways that you can assist your movers to pack effectively. Some of these ways include:
- Disconnect and unplug all appliances, lamps, and electronics: These items, appliances, lamps, and electronics can interfere with how effective the mover does their work. Getting them out of the way can help boost the productivity of the moving company. It is also an appropriate way to minimize the risk of damage and breakage to your electronics and other items as the moving company team move around.
- Get your mattress off the bed and pack your beddings: Make it easy for the mover to dismantle and pack you bedframe by ensuring that you strip the bed of its mattress and other beddings. This way, the mover will have an easy time packing the bedframe for the move.
- Create enough room for anything the mover should not touch: Probably, you have certain items that you do not wish the mover to handle. Move all these items to a specific area such that your mover does not interfere with them. Declutter your house by getting such items out of the way for the mover makes the packing process quite easy and fast for them –you do not want to add concerns on where to pack such items.
- Empty all your shelves and cabinets: If you have shelves in your house, ensure that they are empty before the movers can pack them. Such an approach ensures that you secure all your important documents stored in the cabinets and shelves while at the same time making it easy for the mover to pack all your shelves, cabinets, and other furniture.
Hiring professional moving services is the first step towards a stress-free move. However, for the packing and moving process to be successful, you need to offer your assistance in different ways but not necessarily in lifting or moving the furniture. Be sure to play your role so that the mover is able to play theirs.