If you are about to undertake an international move, then one of the biggest challenges can be getting your things to your destination. To that end, it may be helpful starting early in the process and maybe considering shipping some packages ahead of you. You must know how to label them, choose a carrier, and many other things. Consider the following tips and tricks when sending packages internationally.
Various Types Of Carriers / Services
There are a number of well-known international shipping carriers from which to choose. Companies like DHL, UPS, and FedEx, for example. Even the good old US Postal Service. But this is really just the tip of the iceberg. Most of these companies will offer services that include:
- International Delivery
- Express International Delivery
- International Freight Shipping
- Same-Day Shipping
Of course, not every carrier will have exactly the same services and rates will likely vary a bit, so be sure to do your research ahead of time.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing The International Shipment
Start by looking on the website of your chosen carrier for all required documentation. Alternatively, you could also visit one of their physical locations. At the minimum, you will need to fill out their international shipment label. Another requirement is that the package will need to be physically handed to the company, even if the labels and postage were printed out at home.
Each package will also need a customs form, that can be obtained from the carrier. Pay particular attention when completing the:
- Sender’s and recipient’s contact information
- Contents of the actual package
- Approximate value of the package and its contents
Once this has been completed, be sure you receive a tracking number in order to be able to view the status of your package online. In some cases, you may also be able to request pick-up service, where the carrier will come out to you and take the package. Even still, you will need to physically hand the package to the shipper.
Other Shipment Considerations
Many times, each country will have a number of items which are restricted or not even allowed into their country. Therefore, check ahead with the carrier in order to avoid these items will make things go smoother. As you might also expect, things like explosive, dangerous chemicals and other hazardous materials will not be able to ship.
Some countries have languages that don’t use Roman letters, like Israel, Russia, Japan, and China (to name but a few). In these cases, be sure to have the address in both English and the native language. By doing all of this and following the shipper’s guidelines in detail, you will ensure a safe trip and arrival at the intended destination for your international packages.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?