Shipping Cars to Europe via RO/RO
Only professional international transport companies will have the right equipment and haulers to efficiently transport multiple cars to a location at once. This is a common practice that dealerships and manufacturers often demand so they can ship their inventory all over the world. Car shipping has made it easier for the auto industry. They provide many well-known car makers with shipping services on a regular basis.
Perhaps the most common method of transport for anyone looking to ship multiple cars overseas to Europe is the RO/RO method. This is an open air service used to transport cars overseas. There are also open methods available for ground transports. These shipping methods are the least expensive forms of auto transport. They don’t provide as much protection as other shipping methods but they are known for reliability and cost efficiency.
About Insurance Coverage during a Transport
Every state in the U.S. sets their insurance coverage requirements for commercial vehicles and auto transport companies. All licensed auto transporters are required to carry at least the minimum coverage. However, when you’re shipping multiple vehicles or your car has a long distance to travel; it may be in your best interest to have full coverage so that the entire value of your cargo is covered. Most transporters will let you purchase additional insurance coverage.
In order to file a claim, your car or cars must have been damaged during the transport. If you didn’t prepare the cars according to the shipping company’s policy, you may not be eligible to file a claim even if an accident does occur. Make sure you properly prepare the vehicles as requested. Preparing them lessens any risks involved.
It’s wise to document any preexisting damages on the vehicles before they ship off to Europe. You may also want to snap some photographs. This proof will help you back up your claim if needed. If you notice any harm done to the vehicles after their delivery has been completed, inform the transport company right away so they can write out a report for you to sign. This report is then turned into the transport company for further examination before the claim is filed with their insurance company.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory