How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Bulgaria
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a motorcycle to Bulgaria from the United States can be estimated at $1,300 to $2,200 on an average.
- In addition, there are import duties, and fees that have to be accounted for. It is most affordable to ship in a shared container.
Bulgaria is located in the southeastern part of Europe. The northern part of Bulgaria borders Romania, the western part borders Macedonia and Serbia, the southern borders include Turkey and Greece, and the eastern side is surrounded by the Black Sea. There is roughly 42,855 square miles in this country which makes it Europe’s’ 16th largest country.
Customs Regulations and Laws
As per the laws of Bulgarian Customs Department, motorcycles coming into Bulgaria by import must be on a temporary import basis only. The owner also must pay a fixed ‘guarantee fee’ for the motorcycle which is a certain amount, in order to be able to import it. This payment guarantees the temporary import status. The amount that will be charged will depend on the following:
- Year of the vehicle
- Year it was registered
- Capacity of the engine
If the motorcycle remains in Bulgaria for longer than one year, you can renew the temporary import declaration for another year. You are allowed to renew the license if you have a resident visa.
As Bulgaria is a member of the European Union (EU), the rules and requirements of the EU must be followed. You will be required to provide certain documents necessary in order to import your vehicle. The documents that you will need throughout the import process include:
- Proof of ownership
- Proof of registration
- A current visa
- Bulgarian National driver’s license
- International insurance policy
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Duties and Taxes
Duties and taxes charged for importing a motorcycle to Bulgaria from U.S. will be different for in each case because the amount charged depends on the age and specification of the motorcycle. If it is being imported from U.S, the duties can go over 17% of the fair market value of the vehicle. The standard Value Added Tax (VAT) in Bulgaria is 20%. The VAT is determined by calculating the value of goods in addition to the shipping and insurance costs.
Excise tax may be charged for importing a motorcycle if the Bulgarian authorities believe it is necessary. It will be determined after it has been inspected. Diplomats coming into Bulgaria are allowed to import their cars and motorcycles without the charge of any duty. Customs charges are based on the following:
- Purchase price
- Transportation cost
- Unloading/loading cost
- Insurance charge
- License fees
Shipping the motorcycle is easy as U.S and Bulgaria share a strong business and trade ties. You have the option of shipping it by air, or on freight ships using shared container and RORO methods. If you plan on shipping it by air or use RORO, you will need to drain out the fuel and disconnect the battery. For air shipping and container shipping, you might need to get the motorcycle crated for higher safety. Working with an international auto shipping service like ours can help you get the procedures completed faster while we assist through the U.S Customs clearances and help you at the Bulgarian Customs desk.
Importing a Motorcycle to Bulgaria
Only the individual that needs to register a U.S. registered vehicle in Bulgaria will be allowed to use the vehicle, with the exception of written permit for limited reasons. Anyone coming into Bulgaria to live on a permanent basis should register their motorcycle with the local Road Traffic Office. Residents will need to register for a Bulgarian registration plate.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory