Zugdidi is a city which has its location in the Western Georgian province of Samegrelo. It is situated in the north-western part of the province approximately about 318 kilometers away from Tbilisi and 30 kilometers from the coast of the Black Sea.
The truth is that if you plan on staying here for an extended period of time, having your own vehicle is definitely going to be highly beneficial. This is going to help you travel freely within the country without having to be concerned with the language barriers as well as with the currency issues or having to be burdened with the public transport services. There are no Georgian car manufacturers and this is why the import regulations are fairly simplified. This is especially true if you work with the A1 Auto Transport service thanks to the company’s extensive international shipping experience. There are also a lot of spare parts available for US-made and Japanese vehicles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Getting through with the import.
In order to ensure a valid import, you need to make sure that you have submitted the following documentation to the Georgia Revenue Service:
- Photo ID/Passport.
- Clear title deed of the car.
- Purchase Invoice along with the details of the capacity of the engine.
- Bill of Sale.
- Insurance policy of the vehicle.
- Import permit.
- Permit for work of the owner.
You need to know that the vehicles are submitted to 12% custom duty and there is also an additional 18% VAT. The value that is considered by the Georgia custom agents is the CIF value of the car. You can also import the vehicle temporarily for 12 months with the chance to extend it for 12 more. In this case you wouldn’t need to pay import duty but you need to pay a bank guarantee which is as much as the 18% VAT for the entire period. If you intend to import the car permanently you would need to pay all of the taxes.
Due to some particular security requirements, there is a specific cargo notification requirement that makes it mandatory to report all of the vehicles and cargos that come into Zugdidi and other cities in the country. If you don’t do that within 24 to 48 hours prior to the arrival you might experience significant delays.
In any case, once you are through with all of the above, you would have to determine your shipping method. If you don’t have any personal belongings to ship you are better off with the RORO shipping method as it’s faster and cheaper. However, you need to know that your car would be constantly exposed to the elements. If you want the security of the closed space you should go for container shipping. This would also allow you to ship as many personal belongings as you want and to choose between 20ft and 40ft container as per your convenience.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory