Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Zinder
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
The second largest city in Niger, Zinder is about 535 miles away from Niamey, the capital of the country and is close to the Nigerian city of Kano. Whether you are moving here on business or for personal reasons, a returning citizen or a diplomat, chances are high that you will need your own vehicle.
As the condition of roads and public transport isn’t very good, it is essential that you plan the vehicle import carefully. Contacting and working with an experienced company is essential. That is why it is important to connect with A1 Auto Transport service as we have over 20 years of experience in shipping vehicles to Niger and other African countries.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Specific laws pertaining to motor vehicles.
With flexible laws and standard documentation, it isn’t very difficult to import your car here from USA. The specific Niger custom laws enumerate that:
- Any vehicle older than 8 years cannot be imported.
- No imported vehicle can be disposed of or sold in Zinder or any other city in Niger.
- On all imported vehicle there is a standard VAT of 19% while the import duty starts with 5% and moves on to about 66% depending upon the value of the vehicle.
There are some documents that need to be submitted to the customs authorities so that the import can be legalized. These include:
- Title deed and vehicle registration documents.
- Insurance certificate.
- Ownership proof- driving license/passport.
- Bill of sale of vehicle with all details- engine/chassis number, VIN, model and make.
- Bill of Lading.
As Niger is a landlocked country, all freight ships are offloaded at the nearest Nigerian port of Onne. Thus, either you or A1 Transport Company will be responsible for land transportation of the vehicle or send it through the river shipping to Zinder. We look after the logistics so you can be assured of quality services and hassle free international shipping. If you are looking for more details on the vehicle shipping to Niger and the latest laws, contact the Embassy of Niger.
Methods of shipping.
At A1 Auto Transport, we ensure that you get the full quote of shipping your vehicle and that is why you will need to pick one of the two methods of shipping- Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping. Based on the method you select; the associated freight charges and insurance on the vehicle, we will calculate the cost of shipping. You might be interested in knowing the details of the methods.
We recommend that if you have an expensive vehicle, select container shipping as it offers higher protection. In this the vehicle is secured inside the large 20 feet or 40 feet container and that protects it from incremental weather conditions. You are allowed to ship your household and personal items alongside the vehicle.
However, when you ship by RORO, there are some rules to adhere to which include shipping an empty vehicle, devoid of air conditioning as and personal items. It has to be steam cleaned before it is shipped. The vehicle is driven on board and driven off at the Port of Onne.