Zilina is located in the north western Slovakia which is about 120 miles from the capital city of Slovakia that is Bratislava. It is close to the Polish and Czech border and 4th largest city in the Slovakia. If you are relocating here on a short term basis or plan on staying here for a few years, it helps to know the details about the moving your vehicle.
Slovakia is a land-locked and there are some specifics if you are intending to transport your vehicle there. Paying fees, filling out paperwork and preparing the right documents are just some of the things that you will have to consider if you want to manage the shipping process successfully.
There are no ports in Slovakia so you can choose between the port of Gdynia in Poland and Romanian port of Constanta. If you have your goods in containers you’d have to use a truck as well.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Registering Your Vehicle.
If you want to get your vehicle registered in Zilina, there are a few things to take care of. There are also some requirements such as:
- The manual of the car should be in it.
- Mirrors have to be attached to both sides.
- Your gasoline tank must have a lock.
- Left-sided steering wheel.
- Technical documentation.
There are quite a few documents that you’d have to prepare. They include:
- Title deed. This is to prove that your car is free of any liens. If you have one, you’d have to provide the authorities with a special authorization.
- Bill of Sale. This is to prove that you are indeed the owner of the car.
- Insurance policy
- Valid Driver’s License. You are going to have this verified in Slovakia. Make sure to start doing the arrangements as soon as possible in order to avoid any further complications.
There are quite a few things that you’d need to figure out prior to sorting out the shipping rates. In any case, this is something which your agent show let you know. There are a lot of factors that would determine the cost of the shipping, such as method of shipping, size of car, 4-wheel drive and so on. If you decide to go with container shipping, for instance, you can choose to share it with someone in order to split the fees in half.
- RORO: This particular shipping method requires you to follow a few rules. Right off the bat, you’d have to get rid of all personal items and the car should be left with only the floor mats, car jack and spare tire. You have to have ¼ gas in your tank.
- Container shipping. This would include getting your car into a container and placing it on the shipping carrier. You can carry all sorts of personal belongings and you can choose between 20 feet and 40 feet container size, based on your particular needs. There are a lot of advantages mainly because the vehicle is going to be protected.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?