The scenic city of Zenica is considered the fourth largest in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is also the capital of Zenica-Dobo Canton within the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The city is located approximately forty-three miles north of Sarajevo and sits on the Bosna River, which is surrounded by mountains and hilly landscape.
There may be plenty of reasons to move to Zenica but whether you are here for a few weeks or a couple of years, you will desire to have your own vehicle to travel for work or pleasure.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prepare vehicle for transit.
Before you export a vehicle out of the United States and into Zenica, you will need to prepare your vehicle for shipment. You will first need to clean the vehicle before you can even exit out of the United States. This is because the vehicles are inspected being loaded onto the ship. There are a few key aspects to consider:
- All of the antennas on a vehicle should be removed or retracted.
- You will need to remove any electrical device that is removable or modify the vehicle if needed.
- All doors and windows should be closed or rolled up. You will only be able to have a spare tire, a car jack, and an extra set of keys in the car during transport.
- Any luggage you need to take with you should not be placed inside the car.
- All alarms have to be disabled.
Transporting a Vehicle Overseas.
Before you begin the process of transporting your vehicle, you need to fill out the right paperwork and bring the documentation needed to customs. Bosnian Customs regulations are different on each port so you will pay a duty rate and bring the right paperwork. The rules and regulations including the different duty rates are based on the shipping ports to Bosnia.
To validate and verify the legality of the import, submission of relevant documentation is needed. Some of the documents that is required for shipment:
- The Clear title deed to your vehicle.
- Vehicle registration.
- Ownership license.
- 21% daily rate.
You will need to be there during the inspection of your vehicle in order to be granted shipping clearance. The vehicle owners may be exempt from paying duty if they have been driving the vehicle for six months and can provide proof. The vehicles that are over seven years old cannot be imported. In Bosnia, the duties are at a rate of 0% – 15% and at an average of 5.1%. Customs record keeping charges run around 1% of the CIF value.
Sales Tax .
Imports that are coming into Bosnia are subject to the standard VAT rate that runs at 17%, and this is levied on the total of the CIF value, the duty, excise duty, and customs record keeping a charge.
Methods of Shipping .
There are two different shipping methods available for you to ship your vehicle from the United States to Bosnia. These shipping methods are Roll On/ Roll Off and Container shipping. You need to choose the best method of shipping for you.
The Roll On/ Roll Off option, also known as RORO or Ro-Ro, is an option that requires only a little bit of gas left in the gas tank to drive the vehicle onto the deck of a ship where it is parked in a bay and fastened down for transport. This is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle, however, your vehicle is completely exposed to the elements of weather while out to sea.
Container shipping is another option. With this method of shipping, your vehicle is placed inside a container where it is sealed up and then placed onto the deck of the ship and fastened down. The containers come in two different sizes; 20 foot and 40 foot container which leave enough room to fill the container up with personal and household items if needed. Although this method of shipping is more expensive, you can share the container and the expense with someone else. Your vehicle is placed inside the container where it is protected while being transported.
Arrival at the Port.
When your vehicle arrives in Bosnia, there are procedures in place and taxes that must be paid in order to proceed. You will need to pay the taxes and duties, file an application for registration to obtain plates for your vehicle in Bosnia, and get the driving rules for Bosnia. If you have any questions regarding shipping, ask A1 Auto Transport Service or you can contact the Embassy of Bosnia.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?