Zemun is the historical town in Serbia, one among 17 municipalities together forming Belgrade City, the capital of this country. Before 1934, it was a separate town and not part of Belgrade. With New Belgrade creation in the latter half of 20th century, this now forms one urban continuous area.
Those wishing to import vehicle from the U.S. to Serbia need to follow associated rules. While laws may seem complicated at a glance, doing this will ultimately prove to be beneficial for you. You can transfer the car if you are settling permanently in Serbia or are simply there for extended stay. By having own car at your disposal, you will be able to travel across Europe. This means no dependency on public transportation. When you work with an expert international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport service, you can be sure that everything will be by the book. We will take care of all aspects of vehicle delivery and arrival in Zemun, so that you can relax.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Specific Serbian Requirements for importing vehicles.
Here are the following requirements when you want to transport vehicles to Zemun, Serbia.
- Original car title.
- Bill of lading.
- In case of car liens, you require written export authorization from lien holder.
- Driver’s license.
- S. insurance proof.
- One set of car keys in glove box, one-fourth filled up gas tank.
- When shipping in cold season, car winterization is important.
You must refrain from keeping anything inside the vehicle when shipping, especially valuables. The two major transport methods for shipping include container method and roll on-roll off. Both of these have their advantages, and it is up to you to decide the one for bringing your car to Serbia. In the container method, your vehicle will remain inside the container throughout the length of journey. During RORO, the car remains chained to the deck of ship.
Motor vehicle regulations.
The process requires certain mandatory actions and specific documentation. Your vehicle needs to pass Euro 3 standards or those prevalent in Europe. Most vehicles manufactured in the U.S. are not in keeping with Euro 3 requirements. Thus, registering them in Serbia becomes seemingly impossible but still manageable with the right approach. However, it requires slight modifications to meet the repair needs. Other things to consider include,
- vehicle certification 30 days before custom clearance.
- Proof of ownership and custom clearance.
- vehicle title.
- Serbian visa with proof of residence in country.
- when required, present work permit to customs.
- car should pass document verification and inspection.
To facilitate vehicle shipment and make operations as smooth as possible, you need to present everything relevant to the Customs Administration of the Republic of Serbia. If you don’t have proper documentation, you will not be able to import your car to Serbia. Thus, to get comprehensive information about shipping to Zemun, contact the Embassy of Serbia today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?