The highly populated city of Zarqa in Jordan sits on the Zarqa river basin, about 15 miles from Amman. It is an industrial center of the country with over 50% of the nation’s industries operating here. With plenty of employment opportunities and headquarter of businesses, people come and stay on temporary or permanent basis. If you are intending to move here, you might require your personal vehicle shipped from US. However, as USA and Jordan usually have strained political relations, it is important to work with a shipping service that understands the import regulations of Jordan. At A1 Auto Transport service, we understand all regulations and laws of Jordan and have shipped many vehicles in the past.
Though the methods of shipping to Jordan remain RORO and Container shipping, you need to decide on the basis of price and your budget. Roll-on/Roll-Off or RORO is a cost effective method as you only pay for the space used by the car on the freight ship. However, as it is not enclosed but only harnessed, to stop pilferage during transit, all personal items and accessories have to be removed. For safety, the air conditioning gas has to be removed. You are only allowed quarter tank of fuel, floor mats, spare tire and set of keys within the car. Additionally to expedite shipping, steam-clean the vehicle so it is not quarantined by the Jordan Customs. The other method is container shipping which is a more expensive alternative to RORO and your vehicle is secured in a 20 feet or 40 feet container.
Important Shipping Requirements
Recently there have been changes in the import of vehicles. All used vehicles need to be cleared by Bureau Veritas that go through Zaraqa Free Zone while the new imported vehicles with no mileage are cleared at Aqaba. There are stringent emissions regulations and if the vehicle does not pass the emission tests, it has to be modified and only then the Jordan Custom clears it.
Before vehicle is shipped from USA
It is important to understand the regulations of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency before you ship the vehicle. You will need to notify the US Customs department about your intent to export the vehicle to Zarqa. You will need to submit some documents that include:
- Driving license
- Original Bill of purchase with the details of the vehicle mentioned
- Vehicle title that establishes your ownership
- Insurance documents
- Emission clearance
Additionally, make sure that if you are shipping by RORO, there are no personal items left inside the car. It is important to find the current emissions standards from the Bureau Veritas Jordan so that if your vehicle needs modifications, it can be done in US before it is shipped to clear Customs quickly. To know more about the current laws and regulations governing auto import in Jordan, it is best to contact Embassy in Jordan.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory