Yei is a relatively large city in the southwest part of South Sudan. It is close to a lot of trading partners such as the Republic of Congo and also Uganda. It is, without a doubt a business hub which attracts a lot of traders and different businesses from a range of countries.
A lot of people come to the country to work or study and they stay for a long time which means that they need to have personal transportation. Having their vehicles is definitely a great choice. This is definitely going to allow you to travel freely and without having to rely on the public transport or to deal with the language barriers. This would reduce the stress and it’s going to save you some cash. The roads are both paved and unpaved and they are constantly being improved.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
South Sudan has a high tax percentage and importing a car could be quite steep, but it’s still incredibly efficient and useful if you look at the bigger picture. You would have to contact the South Sudan Customs in order to determine the right documentation but the basics are:
- Insurance proof.
- Title and vehicle registration.
- Proof of ownership.
- Bill of Lading.
You can choose freely between three different methods, all of which differ in prices in order to accommodate a variety of people.
- Air shipping is without a doubt the most expensive but it’s also the fastest way to go and you get to carry additional luggage.
- Ro/Ro is the second option which is quite effective as it never fails. The amount of money you’d have to pay is completely reasonable but you won’t be able to transport other belongings apart from car jack, spare tire, floor mats. The vehicle is driven on the ship deck, secured along with other vehicles in the bay and then driven off at the last port.
- Container shipping is a bit more expensive than the previous method but you can conveniently import other personal belongings with you. This is particularly helpful if you have to relocate your entire household. You have to select a 20 feet or 40 feet container and then secure your vehicle within it. Other personal belongings are allowed.
Your vehicle will be shipped to the only seaport, Port Sudan and you can arrange land shipping to Yei. The owner of the car has to be present at the designated port in order to pick up the car and pay the requested taxes and duties. You can contact the South Sudan Consulate to know more about the current requirements and additional documentation.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory