Yamoussoukro is the political capital and administrative center of Ivory Coast. There are plenty of reasons to move to this beautiful city so whether you are a returning citizen or you are on a work permit, having your own personal vehicle is definitely going to be helpful.
There is a well-maintained network of roads which makes driving easier. You can go for ocean-bound freight shipping because the Ivory Coast is partially surrounded by water.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It’s important to stress that it’s essential to rely on the services of a reputable shipping service like the A1 Auto Transport. We can help you get the clearance you need for customs a lot faster as we are well aware of the regulations that have to be followed. You can also take a look at the website of the Customs department of Cote D'Ivoire to get the most current information. There is some essential paperwork and documents that have to be handled in advance:
- Vehicle registration.
- Insurance policy.
- Driving license and passport of owner.
- Documents proving an appraised value of the vehicle.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Residence or work permit.
We are going to provide you with all the necessary and additional information that you might have to take into consideration. Additionally, as import laws keep changing, so it is important to contact the Embassy of Cote D'Ivoire and get updated on the current regulations and limitations.
It is easy to ship to Yamoussoukro and as the price of the shipping methods differs; your total cost varies on it. The two main ocean bound freight shipping methods include container shipping and RORO. Thus, if you have a budget, choose RORO as it is the cheapest. If you are looking for higher protection and have a larger budget, container shipment works well.
- RORO: you would have to empty the car of all personal accessories and possessions and steam clean it properly. You have to remove the air conditioning gases and leave ¼ of a gas tank filled. You can also leave the car jack, spare tire and floor mats but nothing else. The vehicle is going to be driven on the deck and off at the port of Abidjan, using its own wheels.
- Container Shipping: You can stock other belongings to be shipped within the container and you can go for a 20 feet or 40 feet container depending on your demands. However, it’s essential to understand that there are some items which are prohibited in Ivory Coast and you have to make sure not to stock them in the container.
If you decide to take advantage of the services of the A1 Auto Transport, we are going to ensure that the entire process is hassle-free and pleasant and that there is nothing for you to be worried about. Call us today and let us help you.