Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Xi’an
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Shipping a car to Xi’an from the United States.
Importing a vehicle into China isn’t easy to do alone. The process involves many formalities and requires knowledge of customs rules and regulations – a headache you don’t need when you’re busy with the rest of your move. A-1 Auto Transport saves you time and energy by providing not only excellent shipping services but also all the relevant information about Chinese customs that you’ll require. A-1 are the leaders in shipping to cities across China and beyond.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Xi’an is located in the center of northwest China’s Guanzhong Plain. The capital of the Shaanxi province, it is one of the oldest cities in China, with established connections to the rest of the nation via the national highway system and numerous rail lines.
Shipping and Delivery Methods.
You’ve got two primary choices of how you’ll have the vehicle transported:
- The roll-on/roll-off method of shipping involves loading the car directly onto the carrier. Once on board, the car is strapped in place to restrict movement. This is the more economical option, suitable for most customers.
- In container shipping, the car is loaded into 20- or 40-foot cargo containers, which are in turn loaded aboard the carrier. This is ideal for cars that require extra protection.
You can also select between door-to-door delivery and terminal-to-terminal delivery.
- Door-to-door – In this method, the vehicle is collected at your convenience from your home by the shipper. Once it reaches Xi’an, it will be delivered to any location of your choice.
- Terminal-to-terminal – You will need to drop your vehicle off at the nearest terminal when using this method. You’ll then be provided with the address of the terminal where you can collect it in Xi’an.
Certain documentation is necessary to clear the customs at Xi’an. Chinese customs law dictates that you must be present in the country at the time your shipment arrives. Failure to supply the following documents may result in denial of entry at the arrival terminal.
- A written application and a declaration of cargo.
- The vehicle’s original title.
- An invoice showing the commercial value.
Navigating China’s customs laws doesn’t have to be a painful process. Here are a few important notes:
- Effective July 2010, foreigners are not permitted to import used vehicles. New vehicles are still allowable.
- You may only import left-hand drive cars into China.
- Duty on vehicles is based largely on the engine cubic capacity. The rates can be rather steep, and usually begin at around 25%.
- Diesel-powered cars are banned in China, though jeeps are an exception.
- Note that foreign companies and experts may be exempt from the custom duty on cars.
There are also a few steps you can take to physically prepare the vehicle:
- Wash it thoroughly, both inside and out, as lingering organic matter can hold up the inspection process.
- Help the shippers to move the vehicle as needed, by leaving the fuel tank roughly one-quarter full and disabling the alarm systems.
- Check that brakes are in proper working condition.
- Take all personal belongings out of the vehicle, and remove any detachable external accessories like ski or bike racks.