West Bay is known as a district which is located on the west side of the Island of Grand Cayman in the West British Indies. West Bay is known as one of the largest electoral districts along with George Town.
The area is known for the tropical conditions and the landscape. If you have planned to stay there for a longer period, you might want to consider shipping your car overseas.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for shipping.
Shipping or exporting a vehicle can be challenging and overwhelming if you are not aware with the process. It is important to account for the potential expenses by obtaining a quote from a company offering transportation services. When you work with A1 Auto Transport service, we can help you anticipate some of the taxes and fees of customs. When you are shipping a vehicle to the Cayman Islands you are going to have the documents as follows:
- Title of the car – original.
- Original bill of sale or invoice with the current market value.
- Insurance note of the vehicle.
Additional documentation for a motor vehicle.
- Filled Declaration From of the Customs – the value of the vehicle has to be stated.
- Permit for work or residency.
- Passport with picture and entry stamp.
- Express of Release of Bill of Lading.
Duties and Fees set forth by the Government.
All of the vehicles subjected to fees and taxes which are based upon the freight, insurance and cost of vehicle.
- 5 % tax for vehicles at $20,000 or less
- 30% tax for vehicles between $20,001 – $25,000
- 35% tax for vehicles between $25,001 – $30,000
- 40% tax for vehicles more than $30,000
Additionally you would have to pay a $310 fee for waste and $290 licensing tax. The expenses have to be paid at the time of the import. There is an Environmental Disposal fee that can be charged at the custom’s department. It’s based on the cost of the value of the vehicle.
Motor Vehicle Clearance.
Once the vehicle arrives on the Islands you are going to get a notification. If you haven’t used the service of a broker you are going to have to do the following in order to get clearance from the custom’s department:
- Pay the taxes and other fees.
- Pay port charges at the Port Authority.
- Obtain insurance if you haven’t done so.
- Pick y up your vehicle from the port.
The vehicles which are being imported for a certain amount of time could be qualified for a duty-free import. The usual period is 6 months or less. However, in order to find how to qualify and if you are eligible you can contact the Collector of Customs for further information.
It is important to keep this in mind when you ship your vehicle, because you would have to pay in-state costs and the international fees. Regulations generally differ greatly and they are based on the particular country towards which you are exporting your vehicle. You can contact the Embassy of Cayman Islands for further information and also to stay updated because regulations change occasionally.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory