Wau is a city in South Sudan, located on the western bank on the Jur River. It is about 650 kilometers away from the capital city of Juba. If you intend on staying in the city for a long period of time you might want to take advantage of having your own vehicle imported.
You can always rely on the public transport, but having your own car is far more effective. The majority of the roads are paved while those who aren’t are in the process of getting developed.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are some specific taxes and import duties that have to be paid, before you are allowed to get the delivery. When exporting a car from the USA, you will quickly find out that it can be expensive, as there are higher tax percentages for importing regardless of the reasons for your stay. It is best to get a free quote from A1 Auto Transport service so that you are aware of all costs. You are going to have to contact the Customs Department for the rules and regulations but there are some documents that would surely be needed:
- Ownership proof.
- Registration of vehicle and proof of insurance.
Available Shipping Methods.
There are two particular ways to import your car into South Sudan and they include Roll On/Roll Off and container shipping. While air shipping might as well be an option, it’s incredibly expensive and the majority of people stay away from it.
- Ro/Ro Shipping entails that your vehicle would be driven manually on its own wheels onto a shipping deck ad fastened on the freight shipped. It’s going to be left exposed to the elements throughout the process and you won’t be allowed to ship any personal belongings. However, this is by far the most efficient and inexpensive way to transport our vehicle and also the fastest water-based transport.
- Container Shipping is more exclusive and it’s designated for people who have more expensive vehicles or they want to ship other personal belongings along with their cars. You can choose from a 20ft or 40ft container size and use the entire space to fill with belongings. You can also go ahead and share it to minimize the expenses. This method is a bit slower as there are more check-ups along the way.
South Sudan has no sea ports but if you are shipping it by a boat you might get it delivered to a port which is close by. All the duties have to be paid before you get your vehicles to the South Sudan Customs Service (SSCS).
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?