The Irish city of Waterford is part of the Munster province and is situated in the SE Ireland, at the start of the Waterford harbor. If you want to move your vehicle to Waterford where you will be living or staying for a while, then you will need some guidance from a specialist in the industry.
There’s not much to importing your vehicle to Ireland today but you will have to know what taxes and fees that you would need to pay before you will be allowed to ship your vehicle in from the United States.
A1 Auto Transport Service is going to help you import your vehicle to Waterford within a certain time because we know the rules and regulations for transporting vehicles to Ireland. Northern Ireland is not really a part of Ireland so the rules and regulations that it follows is that of the European Union. This may not normally be relevant, but in this case, it is because it can affect how much you will pay in taxes and duties.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Recommendations for Importing.
Ireland uses the English language as its main form of communication. When you are ready to import your vehicle to Ireland, customs officers will be the ones who take care of your vehicle once it reaches the port. It’s important that you keep all the paperwork handy for when your vehicle is ready to pick up.
In order to determine the cost of your import, you will need to take into consideration your qualifications to be exempt from paying any duties and taxes. A1 Auto Transport can help you determine what your cost will be. Before you can import your vehicle, you will need to gather up the following information:
- Proof of Ownership.
- Proof of Insurance that you had in the U.S
- Bill of Sale.
- Certificate of Registration.
- List of all personal effects inside the vehicle.
- Proof of Residence in Ireland.
When you are ready to import your vehicle, you will have two shipping methods to choose from. The method you choose is going to affect the cost of the shipping, thus, you need to contemplate about it before finalizing the process. The methods are:
- Roll On/ Roll Off: This type of shipping method is the most chosen method because it is the most affordable. When you ship from the United States to Ireland, your vehicle will be placed on the deck of a ship and then secured for the ride. You should know that when you choose this method, there could be delays in your arrival date.
- Container Shipping: Container shipping is another method to choose from when transporting a vehicle from the United States to another country. When you choose container shipping, you not only get to place your vehicle inside the container but also any type of household items you choose to. If it fits into a container, it ships. This shipping method is a little more reliable.
When you are ready to ship your vehicle, A1 Auto Transport will help you ship with the best prices. You will need to follow rules such as you must register your vehicle within the first six months of being in Ireland. You can go to any car testing center in Ireland to get this approval. You should also pay any vehicle registration fees required to register your vehicle and contact the Irish Consulate in U.S to get further details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?