The Russian city of Volgograd is without a doubt an important industrial hub. It is located on the western bank of the river named Volga. However, if you plan on staying in this particular town for a longer period of time you might want to consider getting your vehicle delivered.
There are a lot of regulations that you have to abide by but if you manage to do so the process shouldn’t be too difficult. There are also certain taxes to be paid and you might want to contact the Russian Embassy for any further details.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Applicable import duties.
With any import, there are plenty of taxes and duties that have to be considered when you are calculating the total cost. There is 18% VAT that you have to pay as well as an import duty amounting to approximately 25% of the value of your car. The costs are definitely going to stack on quickly when you include the annual tax and if your vehicle has larger engine capacity the taxes are going to get higher. You have to be present to pick it up or you have to authorize someone as the car won’t be held at the port. It is important to work with our A1 Auto Transport service, because we understand all aspects of the Russian Customs Authority and have shipped hundreds of vehicles to Russia.
To necessitate the process of import of vehicles, it is essential that you have to provide plenty of verified documents. The government authorities in U.S and in Russia require verifying the import. These papers will validate your ownership and you are required to submit these:
- VAT Bill or exemption form.
- Bill of Lading.
- Personal ID, visa and passport.
- Original title.
- Purchase invoice.
- Conformity certificate which shows compliance with the Eurasian Economic Union requirements.
Registering your vehicle in Russia is fairly easy as Russian authorities offer a three month temporary registration which could be extended up to one year in certain situations. The majority of the cars won’t meet the requirements for tax-free import as it’s only designated for diplomats or officials. If you are looking for a quote, one of the shipping agents at A1 Auto Transport service will provide you a calculated amount so you can budget accordingly.
Different Shipping Methods.
There are two typical methods that you might want to take advantage of. RORO shipping would require you to empty out the vehicle entirely and leave nothing but the car jack, floor mats, and spare tire. However, this is the fastest and cheapest water-based means of transportation.
Container shipping requires more check-points to be gone through. Your vehicle and the other personal goods will be packed and sealed before they are uploaded on the cargo ship. However, the container shipping is also a lot more secure. You could choose between a 20ft and 40ft container and you can fit in different personal belongings within it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?