Vitebsk is a capital city of Vitebsk Region in Belarus and is the 4th biggest city in the entire country. It makes sense to get your vehicle into Belarus, if you are planning an extended stay, even though there is a fairly good public transport.
When you have your own car to drive, you can tie over currency exchanges on public transports and language barriers are less of an issue.
Thus, regardless of the nature of your reason to stay on an extended period, it does help to have a car with you. However, shipping from within the US might be challenging but definitely not as difficult as you may think. If you rely on a reputable shipping service like the A1 Auto Transport the entire process can be a breeze as we have over 20 years of international auto shipping experience and have shipped hundreds of vehicles including boats, SUVs, and other vehicles to Belarus.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You would have to abide by the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus and the U.S. Code of Federal Regulation. The documents that are going to be required for you to present should be delivered about 3 days prior to the shipping and they are:
- Title and registration of the vehicle.
- Passport of the owner.
- Insurance policy.
- Documents which pertain to any damages on the vehicle.
- Purchas invoice.
- Notarized authorization from the lienholder if there are liens.
- Bill of Lading.
You are also going to have to apply for temporary registration of the car after you receive your vehicle. You would have to obtain local insurance and abide by the local rules. Additionally you would have to get familiar with the overall regulations that conduct the traffic for safe driving in Belarus. If you want to achieve any more information about the entire process you might consider talking to an official in the Embassy of Republic of Belarus in Washington, D.C, even though the A1 Auto Transport shipping agent is going to take care of the considerations.
Shipping to Vitebsk.
Belarus is a landlocked country and you have to ship to the port in Latvia, Poland or Lithuania and the vehicle would then be transported by land to Vitebsk. You have to be there to receive it or you can authorize the A1 Auto Transport with a signed power of attorney. There are a few of available methods but the most preferred are:
- RORO: The car is going to be stripped of any personal belongings and you need to leave only a car jack, floor mats, and spare tire. The vehicle is driven on a shipping platform on the freight ship on its own wheels. This is the cheapest and the fastest water-based method for you to go.
- Container Shipping: This would allow you to take advantage of 20ft or 40ft container. You can put as many personal belongings as you want. It’s a bit more expensive but you get more value for the service.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?