Do you want to export your vehicle to Virgin Gorda from the United States?
Shipping A Car To Virgin Gorda
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car shipping costs to Virgin Gorda from the U.S. will generally fall between $1,700 and $3,900 for most vehicles.
- Exceptions include larger vehicles that won’t fit inside a shipping container and those that require premium services, such as air freight or door-to-door transport.
Virgin Gorda is the third-largest island in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). It is home to an unusual geological formation known as "The Baths" which shows off the island's volcanic origins in a scenic and picturesque way. Taxis are prevalent and walking is a popular means of transportation, but it is definitely much easier navigating with a vehicle at your disposal. The island does boast a small airport, the Virgin Gorda Airport, although it has in the past been faced with regulation violations and shut down for an extended period of time. It is much less commercialized than some of the other Virgin Islands which add to the appeal of this small tourist destination.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Virgin Gorda
- Vehicle Registration
- US Driver's License and Passport
- Bill of Lading (supplied by shipping company)
- Commercial Invoice or Bill of Sale (if available)
- Your vehicle's first stop after arriving will be the Customs Department, at which point you will be responsible for paying duty fees, currently at 20% of the vehicle's value.
- You will then be responsible for obtaining auto insurance on your vehicle.
- The next stop will be the Department of Motor Vehicles or DMV where your vehicle will undergo a comprehensive inspection of all safety features to determine whether the vehicle is safe for road travel.
- After passing the inspection, expect to pay a fee to license/register your vehicle in the BVI.
- Finally, make sure to obtain a valid BVI driver's license within 30 days of arriving in Virgin Gorda by passing a written exam and simple road test.
Information regarding customs and imports is constantly changing, so it is worthwhile to call the Virgin Gorda Customs line directly at (284)495-5173 ext. 6517 prior to making definite arrangements. A trustworthy shipping company will also be one of your greatest resources when shipping a vehicle overseas.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.