Viljandi is located in the southern part of Estonia and is the capital of Viljandi Country. It is just north and to the west of Lake Viljandi and near the Primeval Valley. A bustling city it is known for trading in construction material supplies as well as textile industries.
There are many employment opportunities waiting for anyone who wants stay in Viljandi. There are even more students and workers here than before.
If you want to visit Estonia for a short period of time or for a while, you may want to consider bringing your vehicle with you. If you purchase a vehicle while there, you may find that they are very expensive, even more than the cost of importing. The United States has strong trade relations with Estonia so importing is easy. A1 Auto Transport knows the rules and regulations for transporting a vehicle from anywhere in the world and they can assist you with moving your vehicle to Viljandi.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations and the Documents you will need.
When preparing for importing your vehicle, you will need to provide U.S Customs Department with the following paperwork:
- Purchase Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
- Clear title to your vehicle.
- Any document that provides proof that you are the owner of the vehicle.
- Driver’s license.
- Proof of insurance.
- Certificate of emissions control.
The Estonian Customs will also require this documentation and in addition, you will need to provide the following:
- Import declaration form filled out and presented to the border officers of the customs department.
- Chassis and emissions inspections.
- Modifications as needed to adhere to EU laws.
- A list of any damage noted on your vehicle before your vehicle left the port in the United States.
You will also be responsible for paying any duties and custom taxes before you can pick up your vehicle. You can contact the Estonian Road Administration for more information.
How to Prepare your Vehicle for Import.
Once your vehicle has been scheduled to leave the ports of the United States, you will need to prepare it for export. If you don’t prepare your vehicle, it may be quarantined.
- Clean your vehicle completely on the inside and out. If you don’t clean it thoroughly, your vehicle will most likely be quarantined at customs, which will delay you being able to drive your vehicle.
- Remove everything from the vehicle with the exception of the car jack, the floor mats, and an extra set of keys.
- Shipping insurance will need to be taken out for your vehicle if you don’t already have any.
- The vehicle will need to be inspected for any scratches or dents and shall be documented by the shipping agent you hire. Any blemishes or problems will be noted on paper. You will need to get a signed copy of this paper for your records.
When you want to ship your vehicle, A1 Auto Transport Service can help you find the right shipping method for you based on your needs.
The first choice is the Roll On/ Roll Off method. This is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle but your vehicle will be exposed to the elements of weather during transport because there is nothing to protect it. The vehicle is strapped down to the deck once it has been placed in an outdoor bay. Your vehicle will be rolled onto the ship for transport and rolled off once it reaches Tallinn.
The second choice is the container shipping method. This method is more expensive but it provides protection for your vehicle and all your personal possessions that you want to send. You can choose from two sizes of containers; the 20 foot container and the 40 foot container. If you have an expensive car or a classic, the container method may be the best method for you.
Learn more about shipping to Estonia by contacting the Embassy of Estonia in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?