The city of Vasteras is located in the central part of Sweden. It is located on the shores of Lake Malaren in the province Vastmanland, which is sixty-two miles just west of Stockholm.
Vasteras is known as the seat of Vasteras Municipality and is the capital of Vastmanland County.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Auto import to Sweden.
If you want to stay for a long time in Vasteras, Sweden it is best to import your vehicle from USA. It is comparatively easy to do that since the second language of Sweden is English. This dissolves all the major communication issues that you may have when importing your vehicle to another country. The cost of shipping is still high but it doesn’t require a lot of detailed knowledge in order to import. A1 Auto Transport can assist you in importing your vehicle to Sweden and help you to fill out the right paperwork in order to avoid delays. Our shipping agents have shipped to Sweden before and know what all is required. You can get a head start on verifications when you provide a copy of the following documentation:
- Passport photo – that must be up to date.
- Driver’s license.
- The original title of your vehicle.
- Proof of insurance.
- Purchase invoice/bill of sale – this paper must have the price, date, and location of the original purchase.
- Certificate of registration.
Swedish Motor Vehicle Import Regulations.
There are rules and regulations that will need to be followed in order to import your vehicle. These rules and regulations include:
- You must be registered as the owner of the vehicle for a minimum of one year.
- The vehicle must be used for personal use only.
- You haven’t shipped a vehicle in the last three years that has been tax and duty free to Sweden.
- You are arranging for a permanent move to Sweden and have the authorization required from Sweden Migration Office and you plan to stay beyond your three month tourist visa.
- You have filled out the paperwork needed for a Swedish person number at a Swedish tax office.
- You agree to sell your vehicle for at least twelve months.
If you do not meet the above the requirements, you may be responsible for not only paying your duty fees, but a VAT of 25% too.
Shipping Methods for Sweden.
There are two main shipping methods to Sweden- Roll On/ Roll off and Enclosed Container shipping. The Roll On/ Roll Off method is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle. This method requires that your vehicle be driven onto the deck of a freight ship and then strapped down for safety. It is then unfastened and driven off once it reaches the port in Sweden. Most auto manufactures use this method of shipping when shipping vehicles from Europe to the U.S.
Container shipping service is the more expensive of the two methods of shipping however it provides the most security. With this type of shipping, your vehicle will be placed inside a container where there will be enough room to place household items as well as your vehicle. The delivery time is faster on container shipping. The Roll On/ Roll Off service doesn’t allow for anything left inside the car during transport. You will be able to book your arrival date ahead of time so you can make plans and prepare.
No matter which shipping method you end up choosing, you should go ahead and check into Marine Cargo Insurance with your current insurance company. Going through your active insurance company will save you more money than if you went through another company.
Ports of Arrival to Sweden.
There is two main port of entries located in Sweden. These two ports are located in Gothenburg and Stockholm. If you selected container shipping, you will only be able to ship to Stockholm. When the vehicle arrives at the port, customs will inspect the vehicle and approve it so it can go to the final destination. You will need to talk to customs in order to keep your vehicle on the active list. You will be able to drive in Sweden on your driver’s license from the U.S for up to one year. Then you will need to apply for a Swedish driver’s license.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?