The fourth most populated city in Finland is Vantaa. It belongs to the Finnish Capital Region in addition to Espoo, Kauniainen, and Vantaa. If you plan to move to Vantaa for either business or pleasure, you will need to make certain that you have the right shipping company to help. You need a shipping company who knows the ins and outs of shipping in Finland and will know what is required to do so.
You need to invest your time and trust into A1 Auto Transport Service to get your vehicle from the U.S to Finland. A1 Auto Transport Service knows the regulations of transporting and can help you every step of the way.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Transporting your Auto To Finland.
There are two ways that you can transport your vehicle from the United States to Vantaa. The first method of transportation is the Roll On/ Roll off method. This method requires that your vehicle is driven onto the deck of the ship where it is secured until it reaches the port. The second method is the container shipping method where your vehicle is placed inside a 20 or 40 foot container and then secured so it can be lifted onto the deck of the ship by way of crane. This method costs more money but does provide more protection for your vehicle.
Since the U.S and Finland work together with importing rules and regulations, the Roll on/Roll Off method is acceptable. You will need to decide if you would like to drive your vehicle from the port to Vantaa or if you prefer to have your vehicle delivered right to your door by way of A1 Auto Transport Service.
Shipping your car.
You will need to make sure your car meets all requirements for shipping to Vantaa. Here are some of the requirements to meet:
- Provide an extra set of car keys.
- Bill of Lading must be submitted, along with the title of the vehicle and proof of insurance.
- If you have a lien on your car, you must have written documentation that authorizes the exporting of your vehicle.
- Finnish insurance proof must be provided as well.
- If shipping in the winter, your car must be winterized.
- There will be no personal belongings allowed inside the car during transport.
If you plan to own and use your vehicle for at least six months, you may be exempt from customs duties. Diplomats and VIP’s are also exempt from paying customs duties. There is a maximum cap placed on the vehicle value so you will need to pay import duty if necessary.
Your vehicle will need to comply with the regulations set forth in the European emissions standards. If your vehicle does not comply, you will need to pay for modifications made to the vehicle in order for it to pass through Finnish custom clearances.
When you work with a company like A1 Auto Transport Service, you can get the help you need to determine what is required in order to import your vehicle into Finland. The process can go much faster with A1 Auto Transport Service helping you as they understand the requirements from both ports. If you have any questions regarding the regulations of importing a vehicle, you will need to contact the Embassy of Finland in the United States of America.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?