Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Vagharshapat is located about 18 km from Yerevan, and is the fourth most populous cities in Armenia. It is close to the Turkish border and that is why trade and commerce flourishes in the city. This is a change that came into being after the nation gained independence from USSR.
It is complicated to ship from USA to Vagharshapat, Armenia but the processes are simplified when you work with an experienced shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport service. The main issue lies in the fact that Armenia is highly mountainous and landlocked. Thus, the vehicle has to be shipped to a neighboring country that has a port and then driven across to Vagharshapat. Most commonly used ports are in Georgia and Iran. We will ensure that the vehicle arrives in the city on time.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for vehicle import.
You would be aided by an Armenian or Russian speaking shipping agent that represents A1 Auto Transport service as English is not a commonly spoken language here. Additionally, you might need to get all the important documents translated into the vernacular language to hasten the speed of clearances and avoid communication gaps.
Even though Armenia is a landlocked country, vehicles are freight shipped to Iran or Georgia and then it is transported to Vagharshapat, by land. As it can be a time consuming process, it is better to start planning in advance and putting together the paperwork so that it can be submitted in advance.
There are plenty of documents which you will need to submit with the US Customs and at the Armenian Customs Department. These include:
- Proof of vehicle ownership.
- Purchase Invoice with details about price, date, and location.
- Registration certificate.
- Copy of Passport/driving license.
- Inspection Certification for roadworthiness.
- Proof of Residency / Visa.
And it is important to be present in Vagharshapat on the day of arrival of your vehicle or authorize someone with a signed Power of Attorney. There is a custom duty of about 30% on the cost of the freight, shipping and vehicle price. You are allowed to ship your vehicle using any of the two methods which are:
- Roll-On and Roll-Off Service: This is the most affordable option. The car is placed on the open deck and secured in place so it does not move during transit. There are a few limitations that need to be considered, such as removing the personal belongings, limiting the fuel in the tank. You need to keep the jack, spare tire and keys in the car.
- Container Service: This is the more expensive method as you can keep your car inside a large container of varying sizes of 20 feet or 40 feet. It is then sealed and loaded onto the ship.
To know more about the import regulations, you can contact the Embassy of Armenia.