Ship Your Car To Or From Vaasa, Finland
The city of Vaasa is located on the western coast of Finland and it’s the regional capital of Ostrobothnia. Basically, Vaasa is an industrial city and it has quite a few different industrial parks and is the major source of employment in the city.
Learn more about shipping to Finland.
The western coasts are actually bound by the Baltic Sea or Gulf of Bothnia. With this in mind, the entire southern border of the country faces the Gulf of Finland and the Baltic Sea, including the port of the capital, Helsinki. This doesn’t mean that shipping a vehicle in the country is an easy endeavor. It is best that you work with a reliable shipping company such as A1 Auto Transport in order to ensure that everything is handled as per the highest industry standards.
When you think of the methods of shipping your vehicle to Finland, you need to account for two separate options, including:
- Air shipping is another possible for auto delivery in Vaasa but the prices are going to get significantly increased
- Roll-on/Roll-off: Your vehicle is going to be driven over the deck and off the freight ship. This is the least secured form of transportation as the deck is open throughout the process. However, the vehicles are secured in the parking bay but
- Container shipping: your vehicle is secured within a sealed 20ft or 40ft container. It’s going to be secured as well as lifted by the crane and also unloaded in the same way. You can rely on a lot more protection in this particular situation.
However, if you choose to go with the first method, you need to make sure that the ports that you have chosen in Finland accept it. This is important. You should also need to ensure whether you choose regular port-to-port or the premium door-to-port service offered by our company.
When you import a car to Vaasa without the custom duties but that is only possible for diplomats as the laws in Finland. You are allowed to import 1 car duty-free if you own and use the vehicle for at least six months. There is a valuation system in place so if the value of the vehicle, exceeds that limit, there is an import duty to pay. It is important that the vehicles meet the EU standards of emission control and modifications. Additionally, you need to meet these requirements:
- You need to submit the Bill Of Lading. If the car has a lien on it, you need a written and notarized authorization by the lien holder.
- Driver’s license and passport
- S. insurance documents
- An extra set of keys
- Winterization has to be completed if you are shipping during winter
- No valuables or personal belongings within the car
- Shipping a car to Finland from United States is going to range from $1,750 and $4000 on an average.
For any further information and details surrounding the shipping, you should contact the Embassy of Finland in Washington, DC. This is something of significant importance and you need to take it into account to ensure that you have all the necessary information.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.