Ship Your Car To Or From Vaasa, Finland
The city of Vaasa is located on the western coast of Finland and it’s the regional capital of Ostrobothnia. Basically, Vaasa is an industrial city and it has quite a few different industrial parks and is the major source of employment in the city.
Learn more about shipping to Finland.
The western coasts are actually bound by the Baltic Sea or Gulf of Bothnia. With this in mind, the entire southern border of the country faces the Gulf of Finland and the Baltic Sea, including the port of the capital, Helsinki. This doesn’t mean that shipping a vehicle in the country is an easy endeavor. It is best that you work with a reliable shipping company such as A1 Auto Transport in order to ensure that everything is handled as per the highest industry standards.
When you think of the methods of shipping your vehicle to Finland, you need to account for two separate options, including:
- Air shipping is another possible for auto delivery in Vaasa but the prices are going to get significantly increased
- Roll-on/Roll-off: Your vehicle is going to be driven over the deck and off the freight ship. This is the least secured form of transportation as the deck is open throughout the process. However, the vehicles are secured in the parking bay but
- Container shipping: your vehicle is secured within a sealed 20ft or 40ft container. It’s going to be secured as well as lifted by the crane and also unloaded in the same way. You can rely on a lot more protection in this particular situation.
However, if you choose to go with the first method, you need to make sure that the ports that you have chosen in Finland accept it. This is important. You should also need to ensure whether you choose regular port-to-port or the premium door-to-port service offered by our company.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When you import a car to Vaasa without the custom duties but that is only possible for diplomats as the laws in Finland. You are allowed to import 1 car duty-free if you own and use the vehicle for at least six months. There is a valuation system in place so if the value of the vehicle, exceeds that limit, there is an import duty to pay. It is important that the vehicles meet the EU standards of emission control and modifications. Additionally, you need to meet these requirements:
- You need to submit the Bill Of Lading. If the car has a lien on it, you need a written and notarized authorization by the lien holder.
- Driver’s license and passport
- S. insurance documents
- An extra set of keys
- Winterization has to be completed if you are shipping during winter
- No valuables or personal belongings within the car
- Shipping a car to Finland from United States is going to range from $1,750 and $4000 on an average.
For any further information and details surrounding the shipping, you should contact the Embassy of Finland in Washington, DC. This is something of significant importance and you need to take it into account to ensure that you have all the necessary information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?