Utena is a well-known industrial hub located in the north-east parts of Lithuania. It is also the administrative center of the area with the same name and county. Furthermore, it’s one of the oldest settlements in the country and it covers around 15.1 square kilometers, being the 8th largest city in the country.
There are four rivers that cross the city and two lakes. With this in mind, if you plan on relocating to the city for a longer period of time, you might contemplate at the possibility of importing your own vehicle. If this is so, you might want to know that there are quite a lot of regulations to be followed. You will need to take care of paperwork and abundant documentations just as part of the standard procedures.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There is a considerable growth of employment opportunities in the country and that leads to a steady influx of different people from various countries. This is also the reason for which the authorities have worked hard in order to facilitate the process of importing a vehicle into the country and the regulations are as follows:
- Cars under 7 years of age are subjected to 18% VAT and 10% import duty
- Cars over 7 years have to pay only 18% VAT
- The Lithuania Customs Authority has their books for the values of the vehicles as a minimum if they are declared.
To ensure that the import is legal and valid, it is important to submit the documents to the U.S Customs and Lithuania government. However, you are also going to need the documents as follows:
- Approved application form by the Protocol Department.
- Third party insurance.
- A copy of the clearance.
- ID of the owner.
- Document of ownership.
- Registration of the vehicle.
If you want to get more detailed information you might want to consider the official page of the customs. Before you ship the vehicle, however, you have to make sure that all nonpermanent and external parts are being removed. This is important because they can cause unwanted issues as the journey is considerably long. You might want to steam clean the vehicle in order to prevent unnecessary delays due to quarantine checkups. You have to get rid of the AC gases and check the Title 19 U.S Federal Regulations Code if you have any further doubts about what to get done prior to the shipping. You should also make sure that you’ve paid the necessary duties, fees and taxes. You have to implement the mandatory modifications which are imposed by the roadworthiness test and apply for a local identification plate. As the country comes under the purview of EU standards, emission control is strict.
Your cost of transportation will depend upon the method of import that you select. Though there are three methods of transportation, air shipping is very expensive, so it is not a preferred method. The most overly preferred transportation method is Roll-on/Roll-Off but you can decide based on your personal budget and demands. If you have more goods to ship along with the vehicle, you can select for container shipping. For any further information, contact the Embassy of Lithuania in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?