The Swedish city of Uppsala is the fourth largest city and the capital of the Uppsala County. It is home to the largest Cathedral and oldest university in the country. Even though Sweden has a stable economy which may lead you to believe that shipping your car there might be easy, there are quite a few things to consider.
You want to make sure that you adhere to all of the regulations, qualifications, and rules there are in order to reduce the cost of your shipping. This is because the taxes are quite high and you might end up paying a considerable amount of money.
The A-1 Auto Transport serves to ensure a hassle-free transportation process, saving you as much money as it is possible. Not only will you get your car transported reliably, but you can also rest assured that you will pay exactly as much money you are legally required to and not a penny more than that.
In any case, because of the overall wealthy population as well as the advanced economic environment, the costs could get quite high, especially if you don’t know how to take advantage of the legal loopholes. The A-1 Auto has reliable local agents which would ensure that you qualify for all of the taxation discounts.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
In order to get your vehicle successfully transported, you will have to compile and submit the following:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Actual Passport Photo.
- Bill of Sale.
- Registration Certificate.
- Original Title.
- Insurance policy from the USA and a temporary one from Sweden.
You should be informed that Customs department of Sweden clearance won’t be issued unless the owner of the vehicle is present in Sweden at the arrival port. There are also certain regulations to adhere to and if you fail to do so you might be subjected to additional taxation. These regulations include:
- You should prove that you’ve owned the car for at least a year.
- Declare personal usage.
- You haven’t shipped a duty-free vehicle in the country for the last 3 years.
- You’re planning a permanent residency and you have all the necessary authorization.
- You’ve applied for a person number at the tax office of Sweden.
- You declare that you won’t sell the car for the next year.
If you fail to meet the above mentioned requirements, you will be subjected to a 25% VAT, over and above the standard duties and taxes.
Different Shipping Methods.
When it comes to choosing a shipping method, you only have two main ways to go:
- Ro/Ro (Roll-on/Roll-off) – This particular method, which is also the cheapest one, would require you to drive the car on its own wheels on the shipping deck. It’s then going to be properly secured in order to prevent any potential damages. This is the most commonly used shipping method by manufacturers.
- Container Shipping – This method is definitely more expensive, but the added value makes up for it. Your car would be placed within a container and you’d be presented with the opportunity to store other personal belongings within it. The method also offers a quicker transportation process and you’d be given the opportunity to pick a particular arrival date.
It’s highly advisable that you obtain Marine Cargo insurance, regardless of the method you go for. If you want to spare some money, you should get this from your carrier instead of doing so from a third party. Once all the inspections are through, you can take it to your destination. You should also make sure to get the car added to the active list. Your USA driver’s license would be valid for a year and afterwards you’d have to obtain one issued from the Swedish authorities.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?