Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Umm al-Quwain is located 70 miles from Dubai and is one of the seven sovereign emirates in UAE. For those relocating to the city, it is essential to know that having your own car or vehicle can be an asset.
Thus, if you need to get your car imported in Umm al-Quwain, there are not so strict import regulations that you’d have to adhere by. However, you will need to work with a reputable company like A1 Auto Transport which ships cars internationally and understand all the laws pertaining to UAE customs department.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
With plenty of things to take care of, including prepping the vehicle for export from USA to submitting documents, paying fees and port duties and getting the required permits, A1 auto transport offer a seamless processing. However, you are going to have to provide us with documents as well as to abide by the regulations. There are three main ports – Port Khalid, Khor Fakkan and Hamriyah Free Zone. Our experienced transport agent is going to require the following documentation:
- Driver’s license.
- Social Security Card.
- Insurance Policy.
- Power of Attorney which is signed.
- Title and Registration.
However, you must also be prepared for additional paperwork to be filled out and prepared but you’d have to discuss this with your agent. You can also require your agent to make arrangements for picking your car from the US and delivering it to any of the shipping ports. They can also arrange for your car to be delivered at your door through the door-to-door service which is going to cost you extra.
As you want to get clearance from the UAE Customs department, you’d have to provide the following documentation:
- Original Bill of Lading which includes make, year, model, chassis as well as engine number, type and color of the car.
- Original Commercial Invoice or Sales Bill
- Passport/Visa copy page or UAE residency
- The name on the car title has to match the name on the passport
- Condition report which is obtained at the loading port while you are still within the US
- Title deed/registration certificate
The cars that are imported in Umm al-Quwain have to be left-handed and there is a customs duty of 5% of the total value of the car. The value is determined by the customs. However, the imported vehicles must be 5 years of age or less. The check-up committee can exclude the age limit on classic cars. At the same time, you must know that the Road Transport Authority is going to perform a check in order to make sure and approve the car for driving on the roadways. There is also an emission test that has to be passed and the CO2 levels have to be lower than 3.5%.
All of these details should be presented to you by your car agent but just in case you might want to check in with the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates for any further information that may concern you.
Prior to the import.
Before you reach the shipping port in US, you will receive a final quotation from our agent which will give you an idea of how much money you’d have to budget. The car would have to be properly steam cleaned, accessories removed for safe transit. You should also be provided with all the possible ways to ship your car which are:
- Ro-Ro shipping means that your car is going to be driven on its own wheels on a shipping deck where it would be secured to the ramp and transported this way. This means that it would be left exposed to the elements. You won’t be allowed to ship any other personal belongings with the car.
- Container shipping is going to provide you with the chance of shipping other belongings with the car but it’s also more expensive. You have to choose between a 20ft and 40ft container and you can also go ahead and share it with someone else to split the expenses.