Ulsan is officially known as the Ulsan Metropolitan City and it’s the seventh largest metropolis in South Korea. It shares its city limits with Busan and Gyeongju.
Ulsan is the hub and powerhouse of the South Korea’s industry. Those who want to get their vehicles imported from the US would need to take a look at the logistics of the process and that’s why working with a professional shipping company like the A1 Auto Transport is definitely going to help. We have more than 20 years worth of international shipping experience and we understand every single aspect of the requirements of South Korea. It is extremely important to find a reputable company to handle your vehicle shipment. They are going to take care of everything and are going to ensure minimum delays and are going to make the entire process hassle-free and effortless. The departure port that you are going to choose is going to depend on the location of your vehicle. However, the closest port is definitely not going to be hard to find. A1 Auto offers door-to-port services so you don’t have to worry about it.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When it comes to the shipping requirements, you would need to import a vehicle if you plan to stay for at least 6 months. However, Japanese cares are not allowed in the country as well as vehicles that could seat more than 10 people. Some of the other requirements of South Korean Customs Authority include:
- You should have owned it for at least 3 months ahead.
- Considered household good if imported within the first 6 months of your move.
- No taxes if it’s considered a household good.
There are also documentations that you would need to hand over to authorities which include:
- Purchase invoice with details of the vehicle.
- Proof of purchase.
- Passport of the owner.
- Insurance of the car.
- Customs declaration forms completed.
- Valid work permit for at least a year.
There are also a few inspections that you would need to undergo upon arrivals such as the emission inspection, the vibration and noise inspection as well as getting an approval from the Korea Automobile Test and Research Institute. If you want to clear the customs quickly, you need to provide:
- Insurance documents.
- Ownership proof.
- Registration and documentation.
Different Shipping Methods.
When it comes to choosing a shipping method, you only have two main ways to go:
This particular method, which is also the cheapest one, would require you to drive the car on its own wheels on the shipping deck. It’s then going to be properly secured in order to prevent any potential damages. This is the most commonly used shipping method by manufacturers.
- Container Shipping.
This method is definitely more expensive, but the added value makes up for it. Your car would be placed within a container and you’d be presented with the opportunity to store other personal belongings within it. The method also offers a quicker transportation process and you’d be given the opportunity to pick a particular arrival date.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory