The largest city in Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar is also the capital of the country. It is located in the Rover Tuul’s valley and is the industrial, cultural and financial center. It directly connects with the Trans-Siberian Railway and Chinese railway paving the way for better commerce and trade. This creates employment and that is why it is the most populated city. If you are moving here on a work permit, to study or for other personal reasons, it will help to have your own vehicle with you. Tus, start looking for a trusted and experienced shipping company like A1 Auto Transport service to assist with the nitty gritty of vehicle import.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As Mongolia is a landlocked country, all ocean bound cargo arrives in China. The two ports catering to it are Qingdao or Tianjin. Then the cargo bound for Ulaanbaatar is loaded in multiple land transport carriers and driven across to Mongolia. However, if you are looking to check the cost of the shipping, it is important to remember the method of ocean bound freight shipping that you chose when the vehicle was shipped out of USA. The commonly used methods includes Container shipping and RORO. In Roll-on/Roll-Off the vehicle is driven on and off the ship and secured in place to minimize damage. The other most popular method is by container shipping. You are required to put the personal goods and the vehicle into the same container measuring 20 feet or 40 feet. The extra layer of protection ensures that your vehicle isn’t subject to any damage and if the vehicle that you intend shipped is expensive, it becomes a necessity.
After the shipment is delivered at the port in China, it is the duty of the owner to handle the arrangements for delivery at Ulaanbaatar. However, you can give us the letter of authority and then we’ll be able to do the needful. The standard documents include:
- Bill of Sale.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance certificate.
- Owned the car for minimum of 6 months.
- Used imported vehicles can only be for personal use only.
- Left hand drive vehicles can only be imported.
Eligibility for exporting vehicle.
The documentation is needed to determine the legality of the import and is a proof of the value of the vehicle. This is needed for the taxation purposes and insurance. The shipping requirements and delivery is done as per Bill of Lading. Additionally, legal authorization will be required to drive down the vehicle from China to Ulaanbaatar. However, you will need to stop at various checkpoints and there is an inland fee for land transportation. As regulations keep changing, it is important that you consult the Embassy of Mongolia to ensure that you have the documents ready and have followed all requisite procedures.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory