The capital of the Republic of Bashkortostan within Russia, Ufa is a scenically beautiful city that is the hub of culture, scientific and economic development in the state. If you intend staying in the city of Ufa for a long time, it makes a lot of sense to have your own personal vehicle shipped from USA when you move here.
It is comparatively easy to move your vehicle to Ufa in Russia after you pay the requisite taxes. It might be of advantage to contact the Embassy of Russia to get more details on the current policies that you have to adhere to before the import of the vehicle is possible.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Tariff and taxes.
There are plenty of taxes that become applicable when you import your car to Ufa. With 18% VAT and 25% import duty based on the evaluated value of the vehicle. Based on the vehicle’s engine output, the taxes will increase so it will be more expensive to import if you are bringing in a SUV instead of a small car. As there are no warehousing facilities at the port, you will need to be present at the day of delivery or authorize A1 Auto Transport service, your freight shipping partners to complete the formalities on your behalf. Working with us can be beneficial to you as we are perfectly conversant with all of the Russian Customs procedures and laws. With our 20 years of freight shipping experience as leading auto transporting service, we are available to discuss the auto shipping options as per your convenience.
Documentation for vehicle import.
To ensure that the auto import is validated by the U. S Customs department at the time of vehicle departure and the Russian Customs Authority, when the vehicle arrives at the port, there are various documents which have to be submitted. These include:
- Bill of Lading.
- Receipt for VAT.
- Proof of vehicle ownership- passport and driving license.
- Registration documents of the vehicle.
- Title deed.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle with details.
- Documents verifying clearance from customs department.
- EU Compliance certificate.
Getting your imported vehicle registered in Ufa isn’t difficult. As per Russian regulations on vehicle registration, there are two options. You have the choice of temporary import herein vehicles that have been imported for a short period which is calculated as three months extended to less than 12 months. Though most of the vehicles that are being imported are beyond the scope of tax exemptions as only diplomats and official government vehicles come under purview of tax exemptions. Thus, we’ll help you calculate the total cost of shipping and offer a FREE quote to ensure that you can budget for it in advance.
However, an important component of the shipping cost lies with the method of shipping that you decide upon. Basically, you have two choices when you ship your vehicle to Russia. These include:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: This is the cheapest method of shipping your vehicle, as it is driven on and off the ship’s deck while it is secured during transit. You need to empty the vehicle, ensure there are no hazardous gases like air conditioning gas left, disable the alarms before it is shipped.
- Container shipping: This is a very secure method of shipping your vehicle to Russia with ease. The vehicle along with your belongings can be packed within large containers and sealed. However, only those personal belongings can be transported that are legal in Russia.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?