Ship Car To Ubayyid
The city of Ubayyid is the capital of North Kurdufan, a state in the southern region of Sudan. It has rich fuel resources and forms the basis of the regional economy. The majority of people who come from the US would usually work within the oil field of expertise.
If you plan on relocating to Ubayyid for an extended period of time or on a long-term basis, having your vehicle with you is definitely going to be incredibly beneficial as it is going to provide you with the freedom of traveling as and when you want. However, the road conditions are not exactly great but the situation has definitely getting fixed in the last few years.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Eligibility for Tax exemption on car import.
There are some specific considerations that you would have to adhere to if you want to qualify for import tax exemptions. This is only offered if you have been working for a few years in Sudan or if you are a citizen of Sudan. The requirements as per the Sudanese Customs Authority are as follows:
- The owner needs to be present when the vehicle arrives.
- You would have to show proof that you’ve stayed abroad for at least 3 years.
- Original registration in the name of the owner and a title deed.
- Exit documentations.
- The car has to be no more than 5 years old.
- Receipt of paid taxes.
- Residence or a work visa.
- Authorized permit for import.
Documents required for the import.
In order to ensure that the process is perfectly valid, you would have to provide the authorities with the following documents:
- Registration documents pertaining to the imported car.
- Original purchase invoice with the details of the VIN, chassis number, year and make.
- Valuation report of the vehicle.
- Proof of insurance.
- Resident/work visas.
It is also important to get a free quote on the import process as this is going to provide you with an estimation of the budget. You can get this from one of our shipping agents. The ports in Sudan accept both container shipping and RORO. RORO is an option which would require your vehicle to be safely secured on the shipping deck where it would be transported to the destination point. You might want to make sure that you’ve taken care of the following:
- Steam clean the vehicle prior to the shipping.
- Get rid of all the air conditioning gas.
- Leave just ¼ of a gas tank full.
- Disable all of your alarms.
- The vehicle has to be in a state which is operable.
The other option that you might want to choose is container shipping. It’s more expensive but it’s also going to provide you with additional security and comfort. You can also ship a wide range of different personal belongings with you. In any case, if you want to make sure that you have all the relevant information you can contact the Sudanese Consulate in Washington, DC.