One of the larger cities in Lebanon, Tyre is situated about 50 miles from Beirut, the capital city. Despite the reason for your move, it is important to have your own vehicle for faster and easier commuting in and around the city.
However it is a complex endeavor to ship your vehicle from USA on your own and that is why it is essential to seek assistance from a reputed and trusted international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Company.
Procedure and documentation.
There are temporary permit and an option of permanent import which have different regulations. Thus, you will need to plan whether you need to import for less than six months or for more than that duration. For temporary imports which are less than 6 months, you are not liable to pay import duties and taxes but these are applicable when you are shipping the vehicle permanently to Tyre. It is important to check the latest rules about the import duties and regulations pertaining to it. Contact Embassy of Lebanon for more details.
However, for permanent import which is considered when you need to keep your vehicle in Lebanon for over six months, there are specific documents that have to be submitted. These are:
- Bill of Lading.
- Purchase Invoice with details about the VIN, engine/chassis number.
- Insurance on the vehicle.
- Proof of ownership- passport, driving license.
- Title deed and registration documents.
- No car over 8 years will be allowed to be imported.
Another benefit is that there are not a myriad of taxes, but a single duty that is payable to the Lebanon Customs. This duty is calculated on the evaluated price of the vehicle. Additionally 10% VAT is applicable on all imported vehicles. When the value of the vehicle is less than LBP 20 million, you are required to pay the custom duty of 50% and there is a fixed tax of LBP 5 million when the vehicle costs upward of 20 million LBP. As the insurance, cost of vehicle and insurance is considered when calculating the tax, it is essential to keep the documents ready.
Before you ship the vehicle, it is important to arrange for all the documents and ensure that permits are in order. At A1 Auto Transport service, we will help you with all of the processes. We can help you pick the best method of freight shipping your vehicle to Tyre. You can choose from:
- Container shipment: Your vehicle along with other household goods is packed within the container which measure twenty feet or forty feet. It is put on the ship using cranes and unloaded the same way.
- Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO): The vehicle is driven on the deck and secured. At the last port, it is driven off the vehicle. You are only allowed to ship a clean and empty vehicle. However, extra set of keys, jack and spare tire is allowed inside the car.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?