Tuzla is a city located in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is the seat of the Tuzla Canton. It is also the center of attention and is increasing in economic, culture, education, and health. Tuzla is the third largest city located in Bosnia and Herzegovina; Sarajevo and Banja Luka are the first and second.
Tuzla is situated in the northeast section of Bosnia and directly underneath the Majevica mountain ranges on the Jala River. If you want to visit Bosnia, you may want to know a few important facts about it before you go.
Though public transportation is fairly good, you might still need to navigate through language barriers and as you are used to enjoying more freedom to travel in USA, the lack of having your own car can be limiting. That is why it makes a lot of sense to import your vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing the vehicle before shipping.
Before you export your vehicle from USA to Tuzla, you will need to prepare it first in order to ship without delays. Your vehicle will need to be cleaned out when traveling from one port to another. Vehicles will be subject to inspections when it reaches the Bosnian port. You will also need to remember these important tips:
- Antennas in your car should be removed or retracted.
- You will need to remove any electrical devices including CD players.
- You would need to have all doors and windows working and closing as needed.
- Keep only a spare tire, an extra set of keys and a car jack in the vehicle at all times.
- No luggage will be allowed in the vehicle while importing.
Transporting a vehicle from United States.
It’s important to know up front that you will be responsible for a lot of documents that must be filled out before you can begin the process. It is important to notify the U.S Customs about your intent to ship and submit pertinent documents about the vehicle at least 3 to 4 days before the car is scheduled to ship out. Usually, the essential documents needed by the Bosnia Customs Authority include:
- Title deed free of all liens.
- Valid insurance.
- Ownership licenses
- 21% daily VAT rate which will be due when you submit the paperwork.
- Registration documents.
You will also need to be present when your vehicle makes it to port and is currently being inspected for clearance. Your vehicle will need to be owned by your for a minimum of six months prior to shipping. Once your vehicle makes it to Bosnia, you will need to wait patiently while your vehicle goes through several tests. You will need to pay your taxes which include 0% to 15% and 1% of customs value is paid to the purchase of the person traded. The tariff rates can average about 5.0% which need to be paid on time. Additionally, you are required to file an application for registration plates and know more about driving in Bosnia by contacting the Bosnian Consulate in USA.
Shipping Method to Choose.
There are two shipping methods to choose from Roll On/ Roll Off and container shipping. Here are details to both:
Roll On/ Roll Off or RORO. This method involves the vehicle being driven onto the deck of the ship and strapped down for transport. This method is the most selected method of shipping because it is the cheapest. You will need to consider the weather conditions when choosing this method of shipping.
The next method of shipping is the container shipping. This method of shipping requires that your vehicle be packed inside the container where it is sealed and prepared for shipping. This is the most expensive way to ship your vehicle. You can even add personal belongings in the container before sealing it up to ship it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?