The city of Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas is located in Southeast Mexico. It is the state’s most prosperous and populated city. While it isn’t known for being a popular tourist destination, it is a great place to reside.
When you are planning on a long trip to Tuxtla Gutierrez or going to reside there, have your own vehicle shipped over. This will help you to avoid the difficulties that come along with public transportation in another country, such as language and currency barriers. It will also allow you to travel at your own leisure. You can go anywhere in the city and its surroundings with its extensive road networks.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment from the U.S. to Anywhere in Mexico.
There are several forms of vehicle shipment that one can use to have their vehicle shipped to Tuxtla Gutierrez. These include the following:
- RO/RO shipping is a method of shipment that requires the vehicle to be empty with a few exceptions. Floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire are acceptable. This form of shipping is the cheapest. Not all ports allow RO/RO, so be sure there is a port nearby that accepts this method.
- Container shipping allows a person to fill their vehicle with belongings. The remaining space in the container can also be filled. The container can even be split with another person to help lower the cost of shipment.
- Air shipping is also an option, yet it is so expensive that many people are unable to afford it. This method is best used for landlocked countries. Luckily, Mexico has over 40 seaports.
What Is Required?
The requirements for vehicle shipment into Mexico are easy to fulfill as long as your vehicle complies. Below you will find the current policies. However, it is always best to contact the Embassy of Mexico to make sure the policies are still the same. They can change them at any time.
- The vehicle’s value cannot exceed $12,000.
- The vehicle cannot be any younger than 5 years of age.
- Mexico only allows vehicle shipment for vehicles that hold under 10 passengers.
- It must have a gasoline engine and a catalytic converter.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Sports cars, luxury vehicles and convertibles are not allowed to be shipped into Mexico.
- Vehicle registration- plus two copies of the title along with the original.
- Residency card, passport, registered voter’s license, license, picture ID and visa- any two copies of ID will be needed.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory