Known as Amul, in the ancient times, Türkmenabat is the administrative center of Lebap province. At an altitude of 187 meters, on the banks of Amu-Darya River, this panoramic city lies. It shares the border with local provinces of Ahal, Mary and Daşoguz and international border with Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.
When you are moving here, enjoy the freedom of movement by importing your own vehicle. This ensures that you don’t have to depend upon public transport for travel, bypassing the need for language compatibility and currency transactions.
As you need to hire the services of an international shipping service to ensure smooth transit and deliveries, it is important to check the experience of the company, before you sign the dotted line. At A1 Auto Transport service, we have over two decades of experience shipping vehicles to most countries in the world. And we’ll take care of all procedures and Custom clearances in Turkmenistan to ensure that your vehicle arrives safely in Türkmenabat.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Procedures for import of vehicles.
When you start the process, you will realize that there are a number of documents and procedures that have to be completed before you can receive your vehicle in Türkmenabat. Additionally, you need to be aware of additional fees and import duties that are payable before the vehicle can be cleared by the Turkmenistan Customs.
If you are shipping household goods, there might be more levies and that is why it is better to consult the shipping company to get the exact quote on the total cost of shipping. It might help to know that the value of the vehicle, shipping cost and the insurance on the vehicle (CIF) is taken into account when the import duties and custom levies are calculated. Thus, a more expensive vehicle will have a higher tax to pay than a lower cost vehicle.
To know the latest regulations and laws pertaining to vehicle and personal items imports, contact the Turkmenistan Embassy in USA today. They will be able to provide you with the best information. With modern and well-maintained roadways, all vehicles can be driven with ease.
Essential Paperwork and Documentation.
There are plenty of documents that you need attach when you are shipping internationally. Some of the documents that you will need to import into Türkmenabat include:
- Vehicle insurance.
- Operation permit from Customs Office in Ashgabat.
- Receipt of license plate.
- Ocean Bill of Lading.
- Vehicle inspection certificate.
- Specific car’s driving manual.
- Temporary/permanent import declaration.
You might discuss the other requirements and documents that need to be submitted with one of our A1 Auto Transport company representative. There is pertinent information on the payable taxes, which is:
- You need to pay all of the custom duties and taxes if you are importing permanently.
- You can only sell a vehicle after it has been permanently imported. You cannot sell a vehicle that has a temporary import permit.
Preparing the vehicle before shipping.
There are forms to fill out, and submit them to the shipping company and the Customs department. Additionally, if you are shipping by RORO, you need to get the vehicle steam cleaned from inside, remove all personal items and leave only a quarter tank of fuel along with the car jack, spare set of keys and a tire. Additional documents that are needed include:
- Social security number.
- Vehicle insurance.
- Title deed.
- Driving license of the owner.
Apart from following the limitations that are applicable for Ro-Ro Shipping, you only pay for the parking space on the ship deck and that is why it is the cheapest way of freight shipping vehicles. Conversely, container shipping costs more because your vehicle is packed within a large shipping container and there is no exposure to inclement weather or pilferage during transit. Additionally, you can transport your personal items and household goods along with the vehicle within the same container.
If you require more information, details on the various duties or any other pertinent information, contact the Embassy of Turkmenistan.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory