Tsirang is situated in the South central part of Bhutan and is about 400-200 meters above sea level. Known for mild climate and rich biodiversity, it is one of the 20 districts in the country. When you are planning on your move for a long or temporary stay, it is important to have your vehicle to commute around the district as public transportation is negligible in the country.
As the country is landlocked and mountainous, it is essential to consider the unpaved roads and rugged terrain. This calls for a more hardy four wheel drive that can sustain the wear and tear of everyday commuting. You will need higher maintenance costs so consider that before importing the vehicle. Additionally, there are stringent emission laws that are applicable in the eco-friendly nation. Before you start the process of filing forms and getting the requisite permits, it is better to contact A1 Auto Transport service that is conversant with legal and customs procedures of different countries all over the world including Bhutan.
Due to the mountainous location, the vehicle will be shipped to the Port of Kolkata in India and then land transported to Bhutan using multicarrier vehicles. There are some specific rules and regulations that need to be followed apart from knowing more about the procedures for a hassle-free delivery in Tsirang.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Import regulations on vehicles.
Though you need to submit the required documents, there are limitations and a regulation put down by the Government of Bhutan that needs to be adhered to Knowing about it is important so that you ship the vehicle accordingly. These are:
- Have an import license authorized by the Royal Government of Bhutan.
- Only diplomats and international organizations are allowed to import second hand vehicles.
- Clear title deed needed.
- Original vehicle registrations and insurance certification has to be submitted.
- Passport, license and proof of ownership needs to be submitted.
Cost of the import.
When you are looking to calculate the cost of shipping, the import duties, taxes and method of freight shipping has to be selected before A1 Auto Transport Service can offer the final quote. You can choose from this methods- RO/RO Shipping or Container Shipping. However, additional cost will be levied as the vehicle will reach Kolkata port and then has to be driven over to Tsirang.
When you ship by RORO, you have to adhere to the restrictions wherein only an empty vehicle can be shipped. It has to be cleaned inside and no personal items or air conditioning gas can be left within the car. However, when you ship using containers of 20 or 40 feet, you are allowed to ship your household goods and personal items along with the vehicle.
As the requirements and limitations change without notice, it is essential to contact the Embassy of Bhutan before the process of shipping the vehicle starts.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?