Triolet is a small town, located just north of Mauritius. It is located in the district of Pamplemousses. Triolet is eleven kilometers from Port Louis, which is the capital of Mauritius.
If you are moving here to work, you will want to have a vehicle to commute back and forth with considerable ease. Once you pay duties, taxes, and other import expenses for bringing your own vehicle over, you will find that it is cheaper than buying a new vehicle while in Mauritius.
Hiring A1 Auto Transport to assist you in importing will speed up the process and allow everything to run more smoothly. We will assist you in shipping your vehicle from a port in the United States to Port Louis in Mauritius. You will be able to use either Roll On/ Roll Off shipping or container shipping methods.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements to Import.
Importing a vehicle to Mauritius must be done within all legal laws. There is lots of paperwork that you will need to take responsibility for in order to import your vehicle successfully and legally. The paperwork is to provide proof of who you are and what connection you may have with the vehicle that is being transported. Documents are verified through Mauritius Revenue Services and only cleared by officials. Lists of documents you need to provide are:
- Proof of ownership – which includes your passport, your license, or a photo ID.
- Bill of Lading.
- Car title, original.
- Proof of vehicle purchase.
- Proof of vehicle insurance.
- Import permit that was issued by Ministry of Commerce and Cooperative – This permit will be needed if you plan to import a used vehicle.
Specific rules governing auto import.
Used vehicles that are imported to Mauritius will need to be in fairly new condition and be less than four years old. You will need to submit the right paperwork including a Cancellation of Registration Certificate at National Transport Authority before it can be registered in Mauritius.
When considering the cost of importing your vehicle to Mauritius, you will need to know an estimate on the taxes you will need to pay. You will be required to pay 15% VAT while the import duty will depend on the engine capacity of your vehicle. For example, a vehicle engine of 550cc will pay 15% duty, however, the higher the engine capacity, such as 2000cc, will pay 100% import duty and VAT charges.
There are varied shipping methods to choose from when importing your vehicle to Triolet. You will be able to choose either Roll On/Roll Off shipping or container shipping. If you choose Roll On/ Roll Off, you will need to prepare your vehicle for importing first. This preparation includes steam cleaning your vehicle, removing all the air conditioning gas in the unit, draining all buy one-fourth tank of gas, and leaving only an extra set of keys, floor mats, and a car jack in the vehicle during transport. For this method, the car will be driven onto the deck of the ship where it is fastened down so it won’t move during transit. Once it reaches the Port Louis in Mauritius, it will be driven off.
If you want to ship over household goods as well as personal items too, you may want to pay a little more and get container shipping. With this shipping method, you can fit your vehicle inside a container and fill it up with other items. Speak to A1 Auto Transport if you plan to use this shipping method. It is more expensive but worth it to ship all at one time. You can contact the Embassy of Mauritius to find out more about the rules and regulations for importing a vehicle.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?