The second largest city in terms of population, Touba in Senegal is a city that is part of Diourbel Region and Mbacké district. If you are planning on moving here for business or pleasure, it is essential that you have your own vehicle because the public transportation isn’t as effective as you need it. Thus, importing your car from USA is possible especially when you hire the services of A1 Auto Transport service. We have the caliber, experience and a strong network of reliable shipping agents to make the move seamless.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Import shipping methods.
As per Senegal laws of freight shipping, there are two methods of freight shipping namely, Roll-on/Roll-Off and enclosed container shipping. If you are looking for the most affordable method, RORO works best. Your vehicle is driven on and secured and then driven off the ship deck at Port of Dakar. It is cost effective because you only have to pay as per the space occupied on the deck. However, there are some limitations that have to be adhered to. These include:
- Removing all personal and car accessories.
- Remove air conditioning gas.
- Keep quarter tank of fuel.
- Have spare tire, extra set of keys, jack and floor mats inside.
- Steam clean the vehicle.
These are some requirements that you need to complete, if you are shipping through RORO. However, these conditions are not valid when you are hiring a 20 feet or 40 feet container. You are allowed to secure your vehicle and keep other personal goods within the container for shipping to Touba. This is the more expensive method as it allows for higher security for the things.
There are many documents that are required to be submitted when your vehicle leaves the US port and arrives in Dakar. If the documents are incomplete, Senegal Customs will not clear the vehicle. Some of the important documents that you need to make copies and submit are:
- Car title.
- Ownership Proof.
- Insurance certificate.
- Registration Certificate.
- Vehicle purchase.
- Bill of lading or ‘Le Connaisement’.
- Buy insurance from Senegal company before taking delivery of vehicle.
- Only one car per family allowed.
- Déclaration préalable d’ importation’ ‘(DPI) or Import declaration.
- Older vehicles are preferred, but new cars are also imported.
You need to keep separate sets of copies for submission at the US port, and at Port Of Dakar. The custom officials are vigilant and check the vehicles, levy the tax based on the cost of the imported car. The VAT is 14% while the import duty is around 30%. Working with A1 Auto Transport service will make the complete shipping a breeze as we have years of experience shipping vehicles to Senegal. For more information on the latest laws of import regulations and limitations to Touba, you can get in touch with Embassy of Senegal.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?