However, it always helps to have your own transportation so that you are not dependent on the local transportation and commuting within and around Moldova is a breeze. However, there are certain restrictions and regulations that need to be adhered to for a safe import of your personal vehicle. In addition, you will need to take into consideration the weather conditions. For faster shipping, spring and summer season are best as extreme weather conditions can delay the freight shipping carriers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Important steps before shipping to Tiraspol.
With positive relations with USA and easy navigational ports, importing to Moldova is comparatively easy. After the downfall of Soviet Union, Moldova become an independent country and in recent years, there has been strengthening of the laws relating to shipping and moving to Tiraspol and other cities. International shipping requires comprehensive documentation and some of these include:
- Title deed from USA.
- Invoice of vehicle purchase.
- Passport of the owner.
- Proof of ownership.
- Moldova residence permit.
- Bill of Lading.
- Car insurance certificate.
You will need to check with the Moldova Customs Department for more information on the regulations and restrictions. Additionally no business transactions happen over the weekend as banks are closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Prepping your vehicle for shipping.
It is important to make sure that the vehicle meets the freight shipping requirements. If you intend shipping by RORO, you will need to remove all non-permanent parts of the car which includes air conditioning gas, and personal items. Only the spare set of keys, floor mats, jack and spare tire are needed. Additionally complete cleaning before shipping will ensure quick passage through the customs; else they will quarantine your car for minimum of three weeks. To know in detail about the eligibility of the car’s status for shipping, you may check the Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations.
The most common methods include RORO and container shipping. RORO is the cheaper method as your car is driven on at the domestic US port, secured along with other cars and driven off at Tiraspol. In container shipping, you can safely pack and secure the car along with other household goods within a sealed container. It is best for expensive and high end cars to be transported in container shipping.
On reaching Moldova.
In Tiraspol, before the owner is given the delivery of the vehicle, different procedures need to be completed. This includes:
- Paying VAT and the custom levies.
- Applying modifications and getting it tested.
- Apply for local license and insurance.
Additionally, it is best to know about the driving rules and traffic regulations so that you can drive around with ease. You might want to know more about the condition of the local roads and safety aspects of driving in and around the cities. Carry your identification and International driving license at all times. For more information, browse U.S. Embassy in Moldova.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory