Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
A metro city, Tianjin is located in northern China and is one of the largest national cities and is bordered by the Beijing Municipality and Hebei Province.
It is also bound to the east by the Bohai Gulf section of the Yellow Sea. It is the largest coastal city in the north part of China.
If you are planning to visit or stay in Tianjin, you may want to try public transportation but you will soon find out that it is very difficult to depend on public transport and you will need to have your own vehicle on location in order to go as you want without waiting for a ride. A1 Auto Transport Service can help you save time as well as reduce the amount of stress you take on due to the import of your vehicle. We have been in business for more than twenty years, shipping vehicle from USA to all over the world. That is why we know the rules and regulation for locations around the world.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Chinese Custom Regulations On Auto Import.
If you don’t have the proper paperwork, you will not be able to import your vehicle into China. It’s important to know what the China Customs Department rules and regulations are before you begin the import process. Some of the highlights to be aware of include:
Shipping a vehicle from the United States to China will cost between $2,500 and $6,000. The price will depend on the vehicle you are importing. It’s important to know what rules and regulations are for your vehicle when you are reviewing the rules and regulations for shipping to China.
- Customs taxes are calculated using the engine displacement. The percentage rate is hardly ever lower than 25% but can go very high. Cars are considered a luxury in China. Foreign experts can import a vehicle without paying any taxes.
- Any vehicle using diesel fuel will not be allowed in China.
- Only vehicles with left-hand driving features are allowed in China.
Due to Chinese Customs regulations, it’s important that you are there in the city to pick up your vehicle once it clears. You will need to have the following documents:
- Import cargo declaration.
- Proof of age of your vehicle.
- Proof of the commercial value of your vehicle.
You will need to choose the best method of shipping based on your needs. There are two different types of shipping methods to choose from. Roll On/ Roll Off, or RORO.
Roll-On/Roll-Off shipping is a method of shipping that requires that your vehicle is driven onto the deck of the ship and then strapped down during transport. Once it reaches the port, it will be driven off. This is the most affordable means of transportation when importing your vehicle to China.
Container Shipping is another option to choose if you are shipping your vehicle to China. With this method of shipping, your vehicle is loaded in a container and then personal and household items are also packed in with the vehicle. Once the container is filled, it is sealed up and then loaded onto the ship’s deck. This method of shipping is more expensive than the other methods of shipping.
Preparing your Vehicle for Shipping.
You will need to take responsibility for your vehicle being ready for transport. There are a few things that you can do in order to make that work. These include:
- The vehicle will need to be washed thoroughly inside and out in order to prepare it for inspection. If your vehicle is not prepared, it will be delayed and quarantined until it can be washed before it can be processed.
- In order to avoid battery drainage, your car alarms will need to be disabled.
- The foot brakes will need to be checked to ensure that they are functioning at full capacity.
- The car must be completely emptied. You cannot have anything else but a car jack and spare tire inside.
- Any ski racks, bike racks, antennae, or other detachable fixtures will need to be removed.
- Fuel tank should be approximately one-fourth full.