Thies is considered as the third largest city in the country of Senegal. It is 72 kilometers east of Dakar and it is on the N2 road. It is the capital of the Thies Region and it is considered as a leading industrial city. The town is constantly developing and it is becoming an extension of the Cap-Vert Peninsula. It manages to attract a lot of industrial investments and there are even plans to link the town with Dakar with a highway and a commuter train.
Senegal has several different ports as it is bordering the Atlantic Ocean. However, the Port of Dakar is currently the largest and it is manageable to get your vehicle transport it to it quite easy. Senegal is considered to be a thriving nation in comparison to other West African countries which share the border. The climate is tropical and it consists of two different seasons – the dry and to rainy seasons. Delays are a possibility if you ship in the rainy weather so check with the shipping service.
Methods of shipment.
There are two most commonly used methods of transportation even though they are actually three of them. However, air transport is not preferred because it is rather expensive compared to the other means and not many people can actually afford it.
Shipping in a container it is incredibly convenient even though it may be more expensive than the RO/RO method. Container shipping allows the owner to ship other property and belongings along with the vehicle. You can even use the car to pack up baggage. You can choose from several container dimensions and you can share it with another person in order to reduce your expenses.
The Roll-On/Roll-Off method would require you to completely empty your car and drive it on the shipping deck. You can only keep your floor mats, car jack and spare tire inside. When you work with an experienced shipping company like A1 Auto Transport Company, we take care of the procedures and help you in deciding the best way to ship your car.
There are quite a few documents that you need to present and you would also have to take into account some of the requirements.
- Proof of insurance, Bill of Purchase, Registration Certificate as well as Proof of Insurance and Title.
- Vehicles which are over 5 years old are allowed.
- One vehicle is allowed for a family.
- You must obtain a Senegalese insurance before you pick your car up.
- Vehicles for the UN and other military personnel is allowed.
Roadways of Senegal.
Unlike other countries, Senegal has established roadways, which is a great benefit. It has highways and national roads as well as public and regional ones which connect many of the cities.
Please consider the fact the regulations pertaining to import of vehicles change and you must stay updated. Contact the Senegal Embassy in USA to get the latest information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?