Thakhek is located in the south-central area of Laos. It is also located on the Mekong River and faces the Nakhon Phanom. It is the capital of Khammouane Province and is situated on the banks of the meandering River Song Ma.
If you plan to stay here, you may want to bring your vehicle with you so you can get around as you want to.
It’s not always easy to get around in Thakhek due to the fact that the roads are not always maintained. If you have your own vehicle, you can get around anytime you like. It is complex importing to Laos as it is landlocked, so all imports are directed to the Port of Ho Chi Minh City located in Vietnam. Once your import reaches this port, you can have it transported to Thakhek. You need to work with A1 Auto Transport service to ensure that your vehicle is imported with ease. Unless you are a diplomat, you will need to pay import tax for importing your vehicle. A1 Auto Transport Service can help you determine how much you will need to pay before you begin to import.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle regulations of Laos.
Import taxes are charged for each vehicle and they are normally high so if you plan to ship your vehicle from the United States, you will need to plan on paying at least 40% import duty. You may even be charged additional VAT. Imported vehicles can come on a temporary permit of transporting tourists. If this is why you are bringing your vehicle over for commercial purposes, you will need to apply for a temporary permit from the Laos Customs Department and make sure that your vehicle is exported out within the time listed on the permit.
Shipping to Laos is expensive due to the different levies as well as the distance a vehicle will travel. Factors that will affect the cost of your import include the value of your vehicle, insurance, freight charges, and the size and weight. How old your vehicle is will also depend on how much you pay.
Documents you will need for import include:
- Vehicle insurance proof.
- Vehicle Identification Number.
- Make, Model, and brand of the vehicle.
- Engine Number.
- Weight of the vehicle.
- Proof of ownership.
- Your passport and license.
- Bill of Lading.
A1 Auto Transport Service can take care of submitting all the necessary documents so you can concentrate on other aspects of your move. We can assist you with obtaining your import license as well as logistics of importing to Laos. You might want to connect with the Laos Consulate to know more about the current policies and requirements.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?