The second biggest city of Estonia, Tartu is the intellectual hub of the nation as it has the oldest university and the Supreme Court within its area. A bustling city, it is home to students’, expatriates and diplomats.
In case you intend moving to Tartu, consider the fact that vehicles are expensive here and that is why, it is better that you import your vehicle from USA.
Don’t try to do it all on your own as internationals hippings laws differ and it is important to hire the services of a company that is experienced in shipping vehicles worldwide. Let A1 Auto Transport assist you in shipping your vehicle from USA and help you get the delivery in Tartu Estonia, without any hassle. However, the fact that any import requires paperwork and proper documentation you will need to work closely with us to make sure that there are no delays. With most of the ports doing brisk trade with USA, shipping is faster and easier than before. Your vehicle might be offloaded at Tallinn and then driven across to your home in Tartu.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The documentation starts before you even ship out your vehicle from USA. It is important to notify and submit the documents to the U.S Customs and Border Protection service at least 72 hours before you intend shipping the vehicle. Similarly, verification documents need to be submitted at least 5 days before the vehicle arrives at the Estonia port. These documents include:
- Proof of vehicle’s owner- passport/ID or driver’s license.
- Purchase invoice of the car.
- Title deed.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance certificate.
Additional regulations for import.
There are limitations on import of non-EU vehicles and you are required to submit more documents when you ship out from USA. These include:
- Written traveler’s declaration.
- Inspection certificate on emission and safety.
As with any import, vehicle imports require clearance of customs and other import duties. It is vital that you get your vehicle registered within 5 days of the import with the local motor vehicle registration center. They will need to see the custom duty receipts and other tax invoices that have been cleared.
Shipping options to avail.
You have the choice of choosing from container shipping or RORO depending upon your budget and requirements. The difference in both lies in the fact that when you ship by RORO, safety is less as it is secured on an open deck while the vehicle is within a large sealed container when you ship by container. Additionally, no personal goods are allowed in RORO but you are allowed to ship all your personal and household belongings when you pick container shipping. However, RORO is more affordable and container shipping turns out to be more expensive. Thus, you can check your own requirements and select the freight shipping method that you like.
To know the latest regulations and laws pertaining to import of vehicles, it is always good to stay connected to the Embassy of Estonia and get further details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?