Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
On the island of Santiago in Cape Verde, Tarrafal is the most populous town with a scenic coastline and white sand beaches. Basically a fishing port, it has become one of the popular tourist destination of Cape Verde. Whether you intend retiring here or have a work permit, the fact is that you might be more comfortable when you have your own vehicle for commuting to work or traveling around the island. You will need to know about the regulations and laws dealing with import of vehicles to Cape Verde.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It is important to hire the services of an experienced auto shipping service, such as A1 Auto Transport service as they understand all aspects of freight shipping and custom regulations. We will help you with the documentations, fees that are needed to be paid and the other shipping details. Here is a quick look at the documents that you will need to submit at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and at Cape Verde Customs department:
- International Driving License.
- Lien-free vehicle title.
- Freight Insurance and car insurance.
- Proof of ownership- Social Security Card/ Passport.
- Bill of Lading.
- Purchase of car invoice.
There are some basic procedures and documents that are needed when you plan on shipping to Tarrafal. Some of these are having the Cape Verde Entry Permit on your passport, original Bill of Sale to judge the value of the vehicle, which in turn is the basis of calculating the import taxes.
Most of the diplomats and expatriates looking for tax exemptions on the vehicles need to have the Diplomatic exemptions as granted by the government. The details of the vehicle including the VIN number, license tags and engine number which are on the purchase invoice of the vehicle are also needed.
We recommend cleaning the car thoroughly before you ship it to prevent any quarantine or delay at the Cape Verde port. From preparing the vehicle to completing the shipping protocols and legalities, A1 Auto Transport service will be with you at every step to ensure that you get the delivery of the vehicle in Tarrafal with ease.
Ways to ship your vehicle.
The cost of shipping your vehicle to Cape Verde depends on the freight shipping method you select. From air shipping, which is the most expensive to RORO, the most common and affordable way, we can help with the procedures. Air shipping is rare due to the high costs but container shipping and Roll-on/Roll-Off are common methods.
- RORO is the favored method when you are shipping only the vehicle. The car is driven on the ship deck using ramps and driven off the ship at Tarrafal. As you only pay for the parking bay, it is the most affordable method. There are some restrictions including shipping an empty car with minimum fuel. You are required to put a spare tire, mats on the floor and car jack only.
- Container shipping adds security to the shipment as personal goods and vehicle are placed and secured inside 20 feet or 40 feet containers and sealed. Additional insurance coverage can be bought for the vehicle during transit.
If you need a free quote or more information about shipment of the vehicle, call A1 Auto Transport service today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory